I need a new bank

Well I logged into my online banking at Key and found my account is locked AGAIN and I need to wait to Monday to speak with someone who can unlock it. This is the 4th time its happened in 3 months on top of getting my cards canceled and having my account actually closed for no reason other than their own mix up, I need to find a new bank.

People have good and bad experiences so I am just looking for people with account somewhere that meet the following:

*24/7 customer service - I travel regularly so I need to be able to speak with someone if I have problems with my card or account so I do not get stranded somewhere in the middle of the night.

*No maintenance/min balance fees - I do not care about earning interest on my checking, I just need no fees or min balance.

*Local and national branches - Again, I travel all over during the year so I need to at least have access to my bank in person at least in western new york.

*No fees - I know people with accounts and debt cards that charge them fees if they use them at different ATMs and also if they run the card as a credit instead of a debt. I need one that wont charge me to spend my money.

Shoot me with what you have. Any new account specials would be cool too that give me free stuff.

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52711&highlight=reccomend+bank

search

God these threads blow. Everyone has a different bank, often for a really shitty reason.

HSBC has what you need. Especially if you travel. I dare you to find a reason to not go with them.

Had HSBC since it was Marine Midland or whatever it was called back then.Very happy

Bank of America.

I’ve never had any problems with them,free checking and savings (savings is useless anyway).

Branches out the ass.

Very good online banking interface,ties in with my BoA credit card.Lots of investing options too.

I’ve never had any odd fees,no debit/credit fees.

I signed up because:

-They gave me my 1st credit card with no hassle and I liked the online interface.
-offered me $125 cash to sign up
-M&T pissed me off at the moment

sounds like me.

hsbc for me.

I use M&T since my grandma used to work there but if I had to change banks I’d probably go with HSBC.

So far I have it down to BoA, Citi, and HSBC.

BoA :tup:

They were always good with fee’s and shady b/s even before I started working for the company.

HSBC!

Same reason my girlfriend just dumped Key bank last week.

I can’t believe how GOD AWFUL their internet banking is.

You need to register every computer that you go on to access your account, and if you change service provider (different wifi access point), then they make you re register all over again, then register again when you get home.

Half the time it says registration failed and you have to call the number, and they basically ask you why you have so many registrations on your account…

Unreal, I told her to dump them, now she is with BOA. Its nice to have a branch right next door when you are in any town in america.

BOA now pays $50 to open a new free account.

no one said Chase?

I reccomend Indymac

BOA has better credit cards than shitty HSBC.

HSBC has been good to me so far.

You mean the IndyMac that was just seized by the FDIC???

I’ve been using HSBC for awhile now and I’m happy with their level of service and availability of branches/ATMs. A friend works for BoA but I’ve never really used their services and Citi doesn’t have any branches locally and probably won’t for awhile.

:bigclap:

mine is HSBC and M&T

I use key and have never registered my computers. I haven’t ever had a problem with key and do almost all my banking online.