honda guys....

there a few used cars im looking at. the 1st one is a 98 civic hatch, with a 5 speed. i don’t know the motor, but it is stock. they are asking $1250 because it has 225,000 miles. is it worth it?? the other one is a 4 cylinder 98 accord, lowered, usual older car ust, cat-back. auto. 175,000 miles. they are asking $1300. let me know what is a fair price.

if the 98 accord has rust it has probably been wrecked…very few of the 6th gens have rust, even with high miles. That is a HELL of a deal on both cars if they are mechanically sound.

$1250 is good for the hatch if it’s running. Check out the fuel lines and brake lines…they usually rot after alot of miles. I’m in the middle of replacing hard lines on my daily.

you dont work on cars daily do you? b/c i can show you examples of that body style accord w/ rust. not as common/visibale as 90-93 or 94-97, but they have their spots too.

either way, cant go wrong price wise on either one. i’d say stick w/ civic as parts are cheaper and easier to find.

x2.

milage wouldn’t scare me a bit, id say the civic is a steal and more desirable in the long run.

I’d get the hatch just because you can haul around all kinds of stuff when you fold the seats down. Plus you’ll probably have less problems with the manual tranny.

I’d pick up the hatch, strictly for resale value.

HATCH!!! Really, that’s a good deal if it’s pretty solid.

And you can always do a B18 or K20/K24 swap and have a bunch of fun with it. :slight_smile:

i know there are a ton of honda swaps out there. but i need a daily driver. would it be a hassle to keep it running right??

no not at all. just be sure the body is solid for the most part

id say hatch just like everyone else parts are cheaper for civic’s then accord’s and the fact that there are a ton of civic’s out there junk yard parts are fairly easy to come by also

Get a B18C1 with P72 ECU, run two wires for VTEC and bam, really nice reliable DD.

Or LS swap for non-VTEC. Or D16** if you want to go single cam VTEC. Endless reliable possibilities.

ok, this might sound real stupid, but if i get the hatch, and decide to do an engine swap, what prices am i looking at, and will it pass inspection. if i get this car, i nned to drive it a lot because i am going to turbo my sentra.

B81C1 complete swap is running 2K.

B18B complete swap is running 1K-ish

swap a … lol, theres so many different motors that can easily be put into the hatch.

As far as inspection/emissions it should pass inspection that really shouldnt matter as far as safety the only thing I could see is if you bought a jdm motor it not having a egr valve… but then again all you wouldn have to do in that case is just rig on up for the visual.

i was worried about a cel or something from the swaps. on the sentras, if they swap out motors, they have a cel.

if u do shit right, honda’s wont throw cel. they are all pretty much plug and play for most part. it is when stuff is half assed or missing that cel are on.

only way i see an obd2 honda failing emissions is if you convert it to obd1.

cool. thanx