honda radio code

Can anybody here help me acquire or point me in the direction of finding a radio code for a Honda Cr-v ? Its the oem deck but it wont work until the code is entered. Dealerships were no help.

what year

oops, 2001

Check inside the fuse box cover, see if it’s scribbled down on something. Mine was in the RSX…

Yeah check the fuse box covers, inside the glove box and in the owner’s manual. If it isn’t written in any of those places, you’ll have to remove the radio and get the serial number off of it. You will be able to get the code from a dealership using the serial number and proof of ownership.

This.

Actually you can’t have the dealership get you the number anymore, lol, tried this with an accord we picked up from the auction. They got a memo or something about them not being able to hand it out anymore even though they can get it. Probably for internal service use only now. I had to call Honda NA. GH3Y

well i called and they said it had to be brought in to retrieve the serial # for the radio, cant go by the vin. so screw it, i tried. lol

SRS? we had an 02 accord they can def do it. It is what it is, $95 for a radio code…

too bad it’s not an 02 and up

you press and hold like 2 an 5 on the radio and it gives you a 4 digit code and turn it on and off i can’t remember, they can only enter in the official honda sight. and it gives you some number. they do it for free at an honda, the service writers can do it when they have a free sec.

ohh my god. go to rennselear honda they will do it for free. if not be i plan on coming here alot in the future theyll do anything for a customer relationship especially taking 2 sec to get a radio code

That only works on 02 and up or 03 and up I forget. But getting the serial number off of the head unit and getting the code should nottt be an issue