hood pins on trunk

has anyone done this? thing is my s14 trunk lid rattles like a motha fucka. ive seen some rides where they put hood pins on the trunk… like the TEIN S15, that pink one in the media section had some sorta rubber band thingy holding the hood down. anyone do this before? how about using those metal clips that ppl have to clip their front bumpers on. any info etc would help. lemme know niggas.

btw i tried all the tightening the lock etc shit and it still rattles.

yea you can do that for sur ejust make sure the lock stays… other wise you have obvious problems…

my track car has those holding the hatch in place… they work nicly…

GT

I think all S14 owners have this trunk problem…

you sure it’s the trunk lid itself? i had a similar problem. there was a small red plastic clip on a thin horizontal “bar” running near the hinges. mine was free to slide along that bar, and when the bar vibrated (probably due to resonance from the exhaust noise), the clip would rattle. not sure if this is the case, but hopefully is. if so, simply remove the clip by pulling it off.

a simple adjustment not many people do my both my s14 trunks rattled. you have to adjust the rubber peices on your trunk lid and it will tighten up the gap