how much property do you own? v. natural gas production

lol that would be nice. I’m working on a 500+ acre farm right now. Actually for the most part it’s been a slow week cause we’re moving into our new offices so I’ve been jerking around on the internet quite a bit. This is a hell of a deal for landowners so I figured I’d try and help out some fellow Pittspeeders in the down time.

interesting stuff. My grandparents, and my wife’s grandparents both have wells on their properties. My parent’s have acres of farmland behind their house, unfortunately they don’t own the land. Could be a good investment though.

I was looking at some land, about 15 acres, near my parents house. Is there a way to search by zip code to see how many wells are there and how they are doing? I know that it would be a bit of a gamble, but could be worth it, like the farmer you pointed out.

negative on the zip code search. there are state databases but only a company like mine could access them/make sense of them. And the only way to tell what a well is doing is to sneak a peak under the hood and read the meter. If you want to PM me the info I can take a look.

ill let my parents know about this

How the F&%# do you keep falling into easy money Darkstar? I know it’s not your looks.

hard work, son. hard work.

:slight_smile:

i live on a 55 acre farm with 9 wells on it right now but has a lifetime lease or some bs my great grand father signed in the 1900s FTL.

are you receiving any royalty checks or compensation in some form? A lot of those “lifetime” leases are being ruled to be no good by courts.

I am not like your nutswinger beat91tsi or whatever his name is…If you haven’t been in your ‘field’ long enough to read up about it, feel free:

Extraction of natural gas

If natural gas is extracted from a natural gas field the initial pressure (up to 600 bar) in the field will drop over the years. The gas pressure also supports the soil layers above the field. If the pressure drops, the soil pressure increases and this leads to subsidence at the ground level. Since exploration of the Slochteren (Netherlands) gas field started in the late 1960s the ground level over a 250 km² area has dropped with a current maximum of 30 cm [3]. See also this subsidence lecture.

This type of subsidence can similarly be caused by extraction of other resources, e.g. ground water, petroleum or rock salt.

no royalty just the free gas yea it was literally from the 1900s 9 gas wells for sure at least 10 oil

wtf? We both happen to support Ron Paul, but I’m no nutswinger Kilmer.

this is huge around UT. I know some people around there and Bell Vernon that got into that. Where Im at theres no chance, Too suburban and I dont own enough land.

the engineers that work at my multi-billion dollar company > wikipedia.

they’ve drilled over 4,000 gas wells in western pa. how many have you drilled?

but addressing your faggoty wiki page: 30cm = less than a foot, and this is an entire area of 250 square km that has sank, which means that it wouldn’t do dick to any surface property. Coal is mined just several hundred feet below the ground with gaping caverns, natural gas wells are drilled 3,500 feet down and suck gas from the tiny crevices in sand, in much the same way you know doubt used to suck farts from the netherregions of your father’s asshole.

So please, go troll some other thread faggot.

ya never know. we’ve been drilling in housing plans that have houses set off no more than 100 or so feet from each other. And if you personally don’t have enough property, you and a neighbor could both sign a lease and we can unitize the two parcels into one (as far as the gas rights are concerned), drill the well, and then you can both get free house gas and split the royalty. Now that the price of gas is so high companies are drilling in places that they never would have before.

i own 4 acres but the area i live in has no natural gas. all oil and electric heat. will you guys still drill on my property. can you let me know how this works. how long does a gas well usually last?

There are lots of areas that we drill in that don’t have domestic natural gas lines run. Doesn’t mean there isnt gas underneath you, just means that it must not be profitable enough for the gas company to run lines through your area to get it to you. If we drilled a well on your property you would get gas directly from YOUR well, so the lack of distribution lines makes no difference.

Also, a gas well can last anywhere from 30 to 100 years. There are tons of them around my area that are more than 100 years old and still producing.

It’s funny you post who you work for and act like this. Way to represent your company in a professional manor.

You should really think before you speak sometimes.

I have 2 acres, but I am in the same situation. No gas available.

If the well produced, how would they get it off my property? Storage/trucking/pipeline?

I think there is gas in the homes about 1.5 miles away.

I never claimed to have drilled anything, nor will I.

You can pretend to be this all knowing expert and all. But if my property moves 1 foot or 30cm, my foundation will be farked! So, it is land subsidence issues.

The more faggorts like yourself that keep diggin, the more land subsidence.

Go back to OC :finger:

And you should really shut the fuck up and get out of my thread!

:bigthumb: