How much were GT-R's New??

I was wondering how much a R32, R33 and a R34 Skyline GT-R were worth new back when they sold them. In canadian?

I heard there were 80000pounds with i believe is like $180,000 canadian which seems ridiculous.

I remember reading somewhere in my internet travels that the original R32 GT-R cost around 2.7 million yen, which is ~27K in today’s Canadian dollars.

the window sticker for my z31 says 24k so a guarantee you the GT-R in 89 was more than that.

probably 30-35K. Todays dollars I’d say 50K.

I think the R34 GTRs were around $80,000 to $100,000. So I would guess the R32 GTRs were probably around $60,000 corrected to todays canadian dollar.

Dammit, now I can’t find it.

I was sure it was 2.7 million, because I remember thinking “27K for a GT-R is a very good deal.”

However, remember at the start of the 90’s, the Japanese economy was blazing, and the North American one was falling apart. So, at the time, 2.7 Million yen very well could have meant 45K for the Skyline in Canadian dollars.

Yeah, that would be a pretty sweet deal for a GTR!! No wonder there are so many R32’s for sale!

According to this site the GT-R sold for 4,450,000 JPY in Aug. 1989.

In Aug. 1989, that would translate to $30,902 USD (I couldn’t find a historical conversion chart that coverted Yen to Canadian dollars). In that same month, that amount of money would be equivalent to about $36,355 Canadian.

Now adjusted for inflation (using the Bank of Canada’s inflation calculator), that would be roughly $53,676.

So that’s today’s equivalent of what the car would cost. :slight_smile:

Nice!

I stand corrected. Considering that was around what fast Corvettes cost and the GT-R was at least as fast, it still doesn’t seem like it is all that much!

Wait 'till the new GTR comes out, sheesh that thing will be well in it’s 70k - 80k