how to find a new doctor. Ideas

been thinking about getting a new doctor now for the last few yrs as mine is now 1hr away and doesn’t really seem to care anymore.Gee, that sounds whiney. But how do you make a decision that technically deals with your life and future well being? Is it really just like buying a new car? go to one and if you don’t like it/him find another?
Actually going to my father in laws dr this afternoon as I’ve been having pains in my lower right side and it hurts to put pressure so want to rule out appendicitis.
Any thoughts are greatly appreciated

Angie’s List? http://www.angieslist.com/?af=103001&RefID=PPC:123&marid=sd1arQb8b&utm_term=doctor%20reviews&s_kwcid=TC|20006|doctor%20reviews||S|e|6578281841

Usually word of mouth. Especially recommendations from doctors you know and like. They tend to recommend similar doctors in other fields.

My mother in law worked in a hospital in Buffalo for years, so she got to know a lot of doctors. As a result her and my wife have become total doctor snobs. They somehow manage to find the best of the best in the area no matter what is needed. They wouldn’t dream of seeing anyone but Frank Mezzadri at Quaker Medical in Orchard Park. I don’t think Dr Mezzadri is accepting new patients, but the whole practice is really good. I finally gave in and started going there myself, even though I hardly ever go to the doctors and was content just going back to UB Family Medicine on Sheridan.

So yeah, give Quaker Medical a shot.

craigslist

Cl lol!
and fry, that’s I guess im looking for recommendations

Dr. Mezzadri is my doctor and I can say that he is fantastic. I’m also not sure if he’s excepting new clients but if he is, I highly recommend him. Plus the whole Quaker Medical staff are always super nice and easy to deal with.

Dr. Mezzadri is my doctor and I can say that he is fantastic. I’m also not sure if he’s excepting new clients but if he is, I highly recommend him. Plus the whole Quaker Medical staff are always super nice and easy to deal with.

I picked one out of the Independent Health book with an american sounding name. When I went to the office, I was assigned to an Indian lady who is a PA. Gotta love health care. At least my PA has been very good so far, and easy to understand.

I just called a office and said i didnt care just book an appointment. My doctor is pretty hot and young. I wont go there unless im really hurt so its not as important for me

Thomas Hughes on Main St in Williamsville. :tup:

He’s been good to everyone I know. Younger, really knows his shit, new techniques, new drugs etc etc. My last doctor was born in the early 1900’s and didn’t remember shit.

Word of mouth, or random pick.

I had went through many doctors about 7 years ago. One prick/asshole after the next, until I randomly picked my current one and he was perfect. I can sit and have a conversation with him, he explains things to me and answers all my questions.

I give high recommendation to Dr John Kavcic, he practices out of Parkview Primary Care on Losson and Union. Not sure if he is accepting new patients right now.

Just google the symptoms and take appropriate action! lol

You can PM TurboTSi about finding a doctor. He’s a drug rep and knows tons of doctors in the area.

Just have Drs feel your nads until you find one you like.