need to find a doctor. how to pick one?

need a primary care doc for health insurance at work. I thought I was going to get into the current doc’s pratice but it doesnt look like that is going to happen. was previously going by what doctor my mom suggested.

so, I figure I should have one anyways, and since I havent been to a doctor in years, eh I should prolly find one.

would like one in the amherst/cheektowaga/tonawanda area, but it doesnt really matter. I just have no idea what to look for in a doctor.

suggestions? pointers?

Blue cross blue shield ins. if it matters.

You should be given a book / list of providers that BCBS recommends / covers. You don’t have to abide by that, but its generally cheaper if you use “in-network”.

As far as “how” to pick one… I dunno. I don’t even remember who referred me to my doc, but I’ve had no problems with him in the last ~8 yaers.

Also… :search: noob.

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45518&highlight=karaszewski

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43540&highlight=karaszewski

IB4TheClap

i got a book, its like 3 inches thick. I’m not gonna go through the whole thing.

and :ham: to not seraching.

Dr Keith Felsted is awesome and has been my doctor since i moved here from Florida when i was around 6. 30 N Union Rd williamsville.

:word:

Just don’t go to my doctor. I don’t want your balls touching my balls by proxy.

Nothing against You personally. Just sayin.

find the doctors office with the hottest nurses or nurses aid or w/e they wanna be called nowadays…hot nurses=possible ball fondling by someone other than the doctor…just a heads up :tup:

For the record, the hottest nurses work at ECMC and Children’s Hospital. trust me i’ve seen them all.

I would pick one by age. You probably don’t want a doctor who is younger then you, but you don’t want some old geezer thats going to kick the bucket soon.

My parents told me to go to theirs, but he’s like 80. I’d have to find another in like a year if I went that route.

ok, Nikuk’s male ball handler isnt taking new patients and Felsted is booked for 2+months. I dont need / am not expecting something tomorrow, but would like something a bit quicker than the end of July.

Looking for more reccomendations…

I am in the same boat as you. I have just switched health care plans and need to fill out the forms. I am from Rochester and used my primary for there for everything and its not out of network.

I was looking around the BCBSWNY.com site for doctors. You can search by location and see which ones are taking new patients.

Felstead is someone I’ve heard good things about.

If you want a doc to prescribe Pain killers etc etc… let me know… I can make a call to get a referal for you… if you’re just looking for a decent doctor… nice guy, easy to talk to, etc etc… let me know…

I’ll just ask some of the docs that I work with who they recommend.

I love Dr DeNardin, on Harlem in the Sister’s Tower (across from Chuckie Cheese!)

Smaller office, and it have never been a problem to get an appointment when needed.

I don’t who you insurance carriers is but I have Community Blue and they are listed there, and I had Independent Health and they were covered there as well

I have a good doctor…she is super nice and down to earth and younger. Her office is on Sheridan Drive in Williamsville/Clarence area. let me know if you want more info. I had blue cross/blue shield and they accepted with no problems.

I just picked one with an Irish name, that way I knew communication would never be a problem.:slight_smile:
They say that communication between you and your doctor is critical to getting good care.
I have had doctors at hospital that just could not understand me and I just got really frustrated so I figured go with an American.

One time I had an allergic reaction and the retarded Indian kept saying sun burn, sun burn, sun burn.

I felt liking screaming, “IT’S NOT SUNBURN YOU FUCKING RETARD. ENGLISH, DO YOU SPEAK IT MOTHER FUCKER?”

Allergic reaction to curry?

lol i did the same thing. i looked in a 10 mile radius of my house, and then picked the name i could pronounce.

lol. i dont need any painkillers.

looking for a good, local PCP.

I’ve been happy with my doctor even though I basically picked him at random from the provider book. Dr Andrew Halsdorfer, works for the Buffalo Medical Group out of an office on Essjay in Amherst.

Being part of the Buffalo Medical Group has been really nice because if you need to see a doctor quick for something stupid like an ear infection even if your doctor is booked they can usually find an opening with some doctor who is part of their group the same day.