How to install S13 Sway bar?

I have a broken sway bar on my S13 coupe.
Its right under the steering rack…i think, before i attempt it any suggestions on the procedure?

Unbolt bushings and endlinks, replace. Not that hard. 6 bolts, 8 if you replace the end links.

might help if you also keep the lower control arms supported when you jack up the car and you’re unloading the bar. i have spare sways if you need them pm me and i’ll let them go for cheap.

yea you want to make sure there’s no load pulling down on the LCA or else it’ll be a bitch to unbolt the nuts securing the endlink.

I already got stock sways , just needed to know how its done, ok when i get time to do this im gunna look at the post above , thanks for the help

i got a question for those who know - how tight are the endlinks supposed 2 be. And is it normal for them to not stick up straight off the lca? Mines is like on a 45degree angle, maybe the castor is off?

Its easiest to replace them while the cars under its own weight, put it up on ramps if you can or make steps out of wood or something.

quick look in the fsm and it says for the FRs:

about 20 lbft for the nut on the lca
about 35 lbft for the nut on the swaybar

endlink should be nice and square as viewed from the top (no rotation for the endlink rod end).

the endlink should also be vertical as possible as viewed from the side. if it’s not you’re preloading the endlink bushings like crazy…and they will fail much sooner.

to prevent this, torque down everything with the car on the ground, and if this isn’t possible, jack up the lca enough to bring it close to your regular ride height and torque, repeat for the other side.