How to record audio playing on computer?? will give +reps

Hey guys,

I want to record the audio that’s coming out of my computer, like windows media player for example…

just imagine i’m playing a video clip on youtube or something i downloaded and i want to pull the audio and turn it into an mp3.

how do i do it?!

+reps to good replies :smiley:

thanks!

( i dont have a mac, so its probably not easy :frowning: )

i think winamp can do it, but i may be wrong.

I use guitar tracks pro for that. It’s probably overkill but with that software, you can tell it what “channel” of your soundcard to record. ie. microphone/line in/wav/etc. I’m sure there is a lighter application that will do the same thing out there.

edit: try this? http://www.blazemp.com/wav_recorder_software.htm

edit 2: stop posting threads to distract me from the 4 exams I have next week you assblaster

i’m pretty sure you can adjust the input in sound recorder to WAV or something and record that way

but yea winamp will do it also

ripcast, do a google, DL and thank me later

+REPS FOR ALL OMG

+KARMA

will any of these work? i haven’t tried anything yet… i’m gonna make some sweet ass mp3s.

also i spent 30 mins at the apple store playing with their keyboard and garage band… it fucked ruled. i recommend it to anyone going to the galleria in the near future

Firefox has an audio and a video plugin that records streaming media as an mp3-wma-avi files onto your hd…are you looking to record just audio or video?