How to ruin a SLR Benz

If it were black I would say it’s trying to be the Bat Mobile.

when you live in Dubai, 9 times out of 10, you have more than enough money to do crazy things like that.

i love dubai.

true true. they do some pretty outlandish stuff just to do it.

soooo ugly, i want to meet the guy who did that :facepalm

look at the hunks of plastic over each fender… wtf??? :lmao

too much money

ok, and then what? tell a saudi prince you dont approve… im sure he will care what lurch thinks of his purchase

no, im no e-thug, i never said i’d kick his ass or chew him out or something, i just want to meet the man who could do such hideous things to such a nice car. see his personality, etc

you all act like its out of the ordinary for them over there. its not at all, i have been there 7 times. big body benz and bmw, and other “exotics” are normal. i saw so many ferraris, lambos, high dollar Porsches, M5, M3, AMG whatever. they dont care. these guys are worth hundreds of millions of dollars. whats a 200k SLR to them?? its a civic to us

So this guy is just a filthy rich ricer?

more than likely, hes a saudi prince, thats what most of the big dollar guys in Dubai are. oil tycoons. filthy rich.

But still a ricer none the less.

His money would be better spent on race horses.

If you got the money, you can do whatever you want

Yeah, I can understand that. Just saying.

i dont understand where i stated outright or through implication that this was out of the ordinary. i am just curious as to the personality of the man who did this. i’m well aware of the insane amounts of money in dubai, do i have first hand experiences? no. but i still get the point :slight_smile:

if i had alot of money id do that … then drive it off a cliff to see if that wing can do anything other than pick up digital cable… and then buy a Carrera GT

lol

IIRC, the lower the plater number(plate number 12 in the pics) in dubai, the more money you have. I know a guy who did an internship there, some of the pics he took were CRAZY

dubai’s personalized car number plates are worth millions

February 4, 2008 by sakosana

Would you believe that Dubai now has some personalized and collectable car numbers plates that are worth millions? I guess Dubai has one of the most priced car plate numbers in the world.

It all started when an auction of collectable car plate numbers had gone for sale in Abu Dhabi for the first time. This concept has taken off very dramatically in just over eight months that the UAE auction house dealing in the plates expects to break its own world record price soon, when the coveted plate number 1 goes under the hammer.

UAE’s businessmen find it a very attractive investment. One good example is Dubai registration number 383 whis was worth Dhs65,000 two years ago – today this plate is worth Dhs400,000
. A plate number could even earn a minimum of 300,000 dirhams just 4 days after buying it.

Check THESE FIGURES…

25.2m
The price in dirhams paid in Abu Dhabi last year for plate number 5

Dh10m
The price at which bidding will open at this month’s Abu Dhabi auction for the number 1 plate

The profit in dirhams one number plate could have made just four days after buying it

2.73m
The price in dirhams of the UK’s dearest and most expensive plate, F1

This number will surely win huge interest this month along with plate number 100

Is said to be the most expensive plate now bought at 25.2 million dirhams (6.86 million dollars, 5.07 million euros) beating the previous world record by more than 10 times.

It is Emirates Auction, which was formed in 2005, is the official sales organizer for Abu Dhabi Police of these auctioned personalized car number plates.

I think the car is cool. I’d drive it.