Hybrid story

While I’m all for finding legit reasons to dislike the Prius, that article was sketchy at best.

The Prius costs an average of $3.25 per mile driven over a lifetime of 100,000 miles - the expected lifespan of the Hybrid…The Hummer, on the other hand, costs a more fiscal $1.95 per mile to put on the road over an expected lifetime of 300,000 miles. That means the Hummer will last three times longer than a Prius and use less combined energy doing it.

As mentioned, Hummers do not last 300k. I wonder what the number is at a more realistic 120-150k life. Also, I would bet that with a couple-thousand dollar battery change at 100k, the Prius would go to 200k without much trouble.

One last fun fact for you: it takes five years to offset the premium price of a Prius. Meaning, you have to wait 60 months to save any money over a non-hybrid car because of lower gas expenses.

Uhh, that claim is complety made up. It’s heavily dependent on miles driven, not time. The only way time factors into that is if you consider depreciation, where the Prius actually shines. In order to make that claim you would also have to specify what the premium is, meaning what your’e comparing it to.