Sad but true.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/07/21/lutz-gm-building-hybrids-for-good-press/

I lolled, only because they realize that hybrids suck.

good

i can’t wait for everyone i know that has a hybrid, have their car break

cause then i’ll laugh

smug bitches

4 more years before we can make fun of their overweight cars that are slower than a saturn trying to tow a semi-truck. Because the battery pack took a shit making the car next to useless.

Short-sightedness FTW.

What are the environmental affects of (improper) battery disposal compared to emissions?

the battery dying, they warrenty that for 10 years 100K, so its gonna be a while

and really if you think about it, how much is that “old” technology gonna be in 10 years? not too much

Those cars are going to have NO resale value. Who would want to perform a $9000 100k service? (Meaning replace the batteries out of warranty.) Plus the above mentioned battery disposal issues. All to get roughly the same gas mileage as a diesel Jetta on a good day, but more typically a Corolla or a Civic HX. :rolljerk:

"Let’s not forget, a diesel engine is always going to be more expensive than a conventional petrol engine, that’s the laws of physics

how is one thing being more expensive than another one of the laws of physics? :bloated:

9000? where did you hear that, right now to replace a toyota full battery set its more like 4000, and resale, the used ones with 15K miles are selling for about 1,000 under original MSRP…how is that bad?

when i worked for toyota, I had many customers getting 50-55 mpg combined, i’ll take that anyday

highway drivers make hybrids worth it. city drivers make hybrids a stupid idea.

lol what?

ALL TRUE hybrids get better mileage in the city over the highway

prius for example 51hwy/60city

actuall you get about 45highway/55city(average)

i just cant stop thinking about south park with the smug alert.

i really really think you got your words twisted, man…

check the facts again…

They should just bring back the ford festiva and geo metro,great gas mileage.lol

The earth isnt very far from turning into venus due to global warming. So, why hate on a car that has better emissions?

Everything has to start somewhere. How much were cd players when they first came out? How much can you buy one for now?

I’ll take a diesel any day over a hybrid. Check it: http://world.honda.com/news/2004/4040506.html

If I’m reading the article right, these diesel Accords averaged 130 mph for 24 hours on a test track, then drove 419 miles between german cities and one of the cars averaged 92mpg.

Suck it hybrid humpers. :stuck_out_tongue:

ok

yeah, it’s great that it has better emissions. but to the buyer - higher cost upon initial purchase, as well as for more expensive repairs compared to that of a gasoline/diesel vehicle :tdown:

that’s the aspect i take it from. i’m glad that they’re working on things like this and getting them out to the public, but a good investment for the buyer in the long run? i’m not too sure about that. maybe in time as technology improves and more of them get on the market.

i’m looking at this from a different angle than strictly emissions, i’d hope that clears it up a bit. you’ve got a good point, but $$'s important too

EDIT: i’m as eloquent as a brick sometimes, so if you’ve seen this post change 3x over the past few minutes, that’s why

:wstupid:

i forget what mag it was in but they had an article on hybrids…i think they used the civic…

i am gonna guess on the numbers a little but this is just to kinda show the point

base civic lx sedan
16-17k msrp

approx mpg
30/40

hybrid
22-23k msrp

approx mpg
49/51

so basically you got a 6 grand difference in the cars

and gas it what…i am gonna say $3 a gallon.

so basically instead of buying the hybrid for 6k more you could get the gas model and 2000 gallons of gas for “free”

15 mpg (difference between avg mpg) for 2000 gallons…you get 30000 miles for “Free” with your gas powered car…not to mention more power, less things to break, and well “old fashion” tested equipment.

:word: If you’re keeping the car forever. If you’re selling in like 3 years then the civic will be worth like 10k while the hybrid will be worth like 24k. :bloated:

yea…resale also come into it…but who knows how things change…something (E85) could come out in like 2 years that makes hybrids worthless

edit i know e85 is technically already out but now that it is once we can get more people making it…lowering the price…

and than more places selling it…i think it will be the “new” fuel

yeah, from what i read, legislators (if no one else) seem to think E85’s the magic ticket…

egh

i should just mod a dodge cummins and say fuck all this eventually