theres ricers, muscle cars, diyer's but we all have the same passion lets preserve it

With the government gaining control over what the automakers do, pay, and produce it can only get worse. Join the SEMA SAN network and have voice on what vehicle laws and requirements get passed in YOUR area. You will be able to keep up with local laws and bills passed that will affect YOU. You’ll be able to find out the latest ideas going by copngress and new advancements and plans for future motorists and travel. help keep the automotive hobby alive or atleast be aware of what B.S. laws they have next on the desk…:number1:thumbup
:ponder

http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?ID=/content/SEMASANcom/HomePage

diaf

qft

Did you read the North Carolina one? Giving people 1k for their old car towards a new or 3 year old one, regardless of value or collector status… WTF

Obama is pushing for a $2K trade in for any SUV towards a more fuel effiecient vehicle I was told. Whether it happens or not, idk.

People dont want tiny ass electric or hybrid shit boxes. I know the government is trying to push them and thats probably part of the reason why gas is going up again.

Im keeping my truck. I like it alot and yeah its bad on gas but I cant haul stuff in the back of a tiny hybrid or tow anything with it.

Sure Id love 50 mpg but not for the price that it comes with.

Do you have any facts to back up that people dont want Hybrids? For the few years I sold Toyotas, there was a HUGE waiting list for them, and there will be for the new model Prius coming out. People do want them, just because you dont doesnt mean no one else does.

Face it not everybody that has a car wants one. Sure people want them but I know alot of people dont.

I wanted a truck and now have to live with 15 mpg but like I said to me its more practical to have a truck than a car thats pretty much useless except for driving back and forth to work. A hybrid cant haul my quad, tow my car, haul a load of shit from Home Depot, etc.

The government is trying to force feed us hybrids and electrics for no apparent reason and seems to be jacking up gas prices because of it.

85-90% of people only want a car to drive back and forth to work, the grocery store, and soccer practice with.

True and thats what I bought my last car for. Very plain doesnt stand out in a crowd, etc. Pretty much a tough sell to people like most of us on this site that want a little excitement in their driving.

Also cost is a bit of an issue. Prius’s are close to $30k. With this shit economy not everybody can afford one. Most people are driving their older cars longer because they cant afford to replace them.

Prius start out at 22k…the same price as a equally equipped Camry

But smaller.
I know that when I was a kid a small car wouldnt make a good family car.

again wrong, the Prius is a Mid-Size car, just like the Camry, it has the same leg room as the Camry, the only place it has less room than the Camry is the trunk, because its a hatchback

walt>pjb

Let’s be realistic, you can purchase a used car that is good on fuel (Camry, Accord, etc) and be so far ahead of purchasing a new Prius that it’s not funny, plus your car won’t look like shit, either.

I’d MUCH rather own a 2-3K Corolla beater like I have now AND a 20K toy (PJB’s truck, C5 Corvette ZO6, etc) then a new Prius, OR a nicer daily OR whatever else makes sense, which is a lot…

These are all great sales man pitches, but when it comes down to it, the prius looks like it was the son of the 91’ geo metro and the 71’ volkswagen bug, blended, then stretched. 22k for a B.S. midsize misfit car that may have a decent warranty, but will cost you MORE than an arm, leg, dick, brain and everything else in the long run. Check the price on a new “battery pack” 10,000$ oh wait they never go bad, you can never say never, otherwise i’ll hold your life on it. there retarded you have to buckle up press the brake, and have it in park (P) neutral wont even cut it. plus ive road in one and it’ll be the last time its ride was piss poor it felt like i was riding in my camaro and my 93 f-body had more comfortable seats than this junk hybrid. Gas mileage only benefit is “in town” driving that still only gets like 34 highway miles a vw TDI gets 35 in town and 45+ highway, looks magnificant next this prius joke by the way, and most people do 3/4 of there driving at highway speeds its a D.O.T. FACT NOT A GUESS! On top of all this they been out for about 10 years but havent gotten popular since the last 2-3 years and have had much exposure and yet to prove there reliability. back to the 22k starting price the dealers were actually ripping people off with the retail price as a slick sales man thats cute but they were actually putting the sales price above MSRP and “hyping” them all up to be this magnificant pile of junk.

SO your an epic FAIL!:retardclap:Idiots:bowdown

LT1Rocket, you’re an idiot

the electric phase will go out soon enough once people realize they are way more polluting in the long run than gas motors .where are all the old wasted cells gonna go ? that shit dont break down and its a hazard .just give the green hippies time to realize it then they will be on to some fuel that runs off the gas your ass puts out

food for thought

http://ideas.4brad.com/how-prius-drivers-are-gross-polluters-and-other-lessons-carbon-credits

http://www.lifewhile.com/cars/17312400/detail.html

now I know Toyota salesman of the year walt will refute these claims, and that’s fine…the point is that hybrids typically ( i use that word loosely) are 3-5k more than a comparable gas model. That is a lot of gas. Also, the prius, like any hybrid, have battery life of close to 100k.

I could care less what people drive, I just hate hybrids.

what no love for a jetta TDI?.. you guys forget… “this baby reall hauls!!!.. it’s like VRRROOOMMM VRROOOOMMM VRRRROOOMM VROOOM”