I am learning to ride!

You guys really need to take what I say sometimes for a grain of salt. Just becasue I make long winded responses sometimes doesnt mean its a law that needs to be followed word for word. Ill make this a bit easier:

1: Get on dirtbike, learn to modulate throttle and clutch, go straight, stop. do it again and again.
2: Make turns and figure 8’s on dirtbike; slow 1st gear, clutch in rolling, 2nd gear, 3rd, etc.
3: practice hard breaking. Learn NOT to lock up the rear brake, or worse the front brake in a straight line.
4: Practice hard breaking in turns… dont lock up either. (hello front tire tuck)
5: do all the above with feet on the pegs 100% of the time.
6: put on/off road tires on dirt bike, atleast jeans, shin and knee pads, elbow pads, STREET gloves, street jacket, and RIDING boots and hit an empty parking lot.
7: do all the above, and feel, learn and understand the different feeling the bike now has on the different surface and different tire type.

Until you feel like a pro off the road, dont fuck around on the pavement. until you feel like a pro in the parking lot, dont fuck around on the street.

Physically riding the bike is about 1/3’d of what keeps you alive and having fun on the street. Its the other cars and people making decisions you cant make for them that you need to be aware of too. I would even get a friend with a car to simulate traffic in the parking lot too. Follow it around, have them hit the brakes, stop, go, turn, yield to them, sudden movements, etc around you so you get to see what its like to make split second maneuvers on the bike in a somewhat controlled area.

is that better?

It was more becasue I liked the bike and didnt want to see it hurt. :slight_smile: Whats the plans for this year, another ride?