I am officially the worst driver on Pittspeed

Went to PRP last night–got to meet 1320 and vtecsol. Anyway, I only managed a best of 15.7 @ around 90 mph. Kinda disappointed–not in the car—in myself :tool: . Car was running fine, I just can’t launch and I missed 3rd on my second run. I guess I just have to practice some more. It just irritates me that I see the same cars mod for mod running low 15s knockin on the door of 14s, and I can’t even get a 15.5. My 60’ time was 2.39 (this was the best one of the night). It was funny that my last run was the best, because as soon as I staged, the light went off–so I had no time to get set. Anyway, I just hit the gas and dumped the clutch, spun a little and grabbed my best time of the night.

with any luck, I can make it back out in the next few weeks to practice my technique. I’m also going to try putting my 14s on the front and leaving the 16s at home.

at least you go. my car can barely make it to prp let alone down the track in any kind of non-laughable time. fuck it, unless you’re name last name is force or shumacker (sp) it’s all just for fun anyways :dunno:

true, i had just hoped to do better than that–and I should have, but I suck

ok then you suck and diaf :spank: :beer:

slip that clutch :slap:

what do you know about drag racing Captain Roll Racer

good times for a cavy!!!

this thread makes me giggle.

Tried that my first 2 runs–ran slower than when I just revved and dumped—unless I was slipping it too slow.

Seeing these guys on the web, or locally here at PRP? It’s really easy to mindfuck yourself whenever someone runs at a better track than PRP and cuts a good time.

You’d probably get a low 15 if you went down to mason-dixon in hagerstown.

Whats done to the cavi? I think a high 15 is good for that car depending on the mods.

x2 ppl run 3 tenths faster @ cecil !!!

take all ur crap outta ur car spare tire n run hair above 1/4 tank of gas n try again !!! practice makes perfect look at chads mustang he drives it 5 miles a year and wonders why he doesnt do taht great when he drag races … u gotta learn ur car

I’ve seen these guys runnin low 15s in person at PRP and at Thompson in Ohio. I just need to practice. I’m going up again Tuesday the 24th weather permitting.

Well, it’s an ECOTEC 2.2L DOHC with intake, full exhaust including a header and high flow cat, short shifter, and motor mounts. I ran a 15.9 with just the intake and cat-back.

Like I said though–I just need practice. Up until I got this car, I only drove automatic trannies.

Give it some time…it takes a while to learn…

I may be worse, a 13.3/108mph with a modded ls1 on 315 555r’s.

-j

I think my biggest problems are my launch (it needs work), and my rims/tires up front. Next time I go, I am trying my different rims up front. Maybe that will help some. If I could get these damn launches down, and get my 60’ time down where it should be, I’d be running low 15s, which is where I should be.