"I drove a 2010 SS today! "

There was an article today on Motor Trend online about the Z28 being ready to go, but GM holding back on their decision on whether or not they should sell it due to all the greenies in congress wanting the US auto makers to produce nothing but Prius clones.

I bet they don’t build it. They need the $$ from congress more than they need a 556Hp Camaro. We all know that our hypocritical congressmen/women would rather see a bunch of hybrids rolling out of Detroit than anything else. :bloated:

Here’s the link: http://www.motortrend.com/features/auto_news/2009/112_0904_chevrolet_camaro_z28_returns/index.html

I saw a bunch of these at the chevy section for the daytona 500. Definitely a slick looking car IMO. I’d like to buy one if these in white with CF accents :). Also a good possibility of buying one of these (and keeping it a nice stock cruiser) when I’m ready to buy a car

2010 Chevrolet Camaro V-6 - First Drive Review

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_lists/high_performance/corvette_camaro_corner/2010_chevrolet_camaro_v_6_first_drive_review

Though the Camaro lacks the cojones to run with the big boys, it does make a compelling case as a decent sports car. Around the 10Best loop, the Camaro showed remarkable poise, with the suspension handling the pockmarked roads with hardly any disturbance to the cabin. The chassis is less jumpy than that of the Mustang but far more communicative than in the Challenger, and although the Camaro is nearly as wide as the Dodge it doesn’t feel as big.

We drove two different wheel-and-tire combinations: 18-inch wheels with BF Goodrich Traction T/As on an automatic-transmission car and 19-inch Pirelli PZero Neros with the manual; either choice has a section width of 245. When the Camaro goes on sale—the target is first day of March 2009—20-inch wheels and tires will be available with the RS package. At this point in the Camaro‘s development (about 99 percent complete, according to Chevy), the 18-inch tires are preferable, offering more steering feel and more predictable handling. On either set of tires, though, the Camaro turns in easily before setting into minor understeer that is easily cured with a stomp on the throttle. The engine responds willingly, although the high-pitched tone of the exhaust note feels out of place – our inner car lover appreciates the racy smoothness but our inner Camaro owner longs for the deep rumble of a V-8.

I guess it handles ok at least for a base model V6.