I-DTEC

i-DTEC, Honda’s next-generation clean diesel engine
http://www.world.honda.com/Frankfurt2007/HondaBooth/photo/images/34.jpg
http://www.world.honda.com/Frankfurt2007/HondaBooth/photo/images/33.jpg

The all-new Accord range will boast one of the first all-Euro 5-compliant engine line-ups which will consist of two i-VTEC petrol engines of 2.0 and 2.4-litre capacities and a newly developed 2.2-litre i-DTEC next-generation diesel engine. Compared to the current Accord engine line-up, power output will be boosted and emissions and fuel economy significantly improved.

The latest engines will be complemented by innovative new chassis technology that will deliver exceptional handling, greater linear stability and a more involving driving experience without compromising ride comfort.

The all-new Accord will debut in Sedan and Tourer forms at the 2008 Geneva motor show.

The all-new i-DTEC is the 2nd diesel engine Honda has developed. By further improving the current award winning i-CTDi’s superb performance, fuel economy and emission efficiencies, i-DTEC has achieved various stringent emission standards in the U.S., Japan and Europe (Honda test data).

The first phase of the programme - compliance with the Euro 5 legislation expected in 2009 - has already reached fruition, and an example of the new engine, which makes its first appearance in next year’s Accord range, is being shown on the stand.

Honda continues to work on the second phase of development of its latest diesel engine and has already achieved compliance with the stringent US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Tier II/Bin 5 emissions requirements. This is of particular significance to the European market in that the Tier II standards are even more demanding than the Euro 6 requirements which remain at the proposal stage. An example of this engine is also on display at the stand

http://www.world.honda.com/news/2007/4070911Accord-Tourer-Concept-and-i-DTEC/

GO… lets talk…

mileage?
HP or torque numbers?

A torque-less diesel ?

Hmmmm, that exhaust really has preformance and flow in mind, lol cool though

omg omg… finally a boosted honda motor yaaaayyy

no HP#'s that i could find but i found this page also

thats sweet.

what honda motor makes tq?

these are the numbers for the current civic diesel in Europe

Transmission type: 5 Speed Manual Gearbox

Engine Size (cc): 1686 cc

Cylinders: 4

Power (bhp/rpm): 100@4400 bhp/rpm

Power (bhp): 100 bhp

Torque: 162@2800 lb/ft

Maximum Speed (mph): 113 mph

Fuel Capacity (litres/gallons): 50 litres / 11.00 gallons

Combined Fuel Consumption (mpg): 56.5 mpg

[quote=“93dx–hatch,post:8,topic:38187"”]

these are the numbers for the current civic diesel in Europe

Transmission type: 5 Speed Manual Gearbox

Engine Size (cc): 1686 cc

Cylinders: 4

Power (bhp/rpm): 100@4400 bhp/rpm

Power (bhp): 100 bhp

Torque: 162@2800 lb/ft

Maximum Speed (mph): 113 mph

Fuel Capacity (litres/gallons): 50 litres / 11.00 gallons

Combined Fuel Consumption (mpg): 56.5 mpg

[/quote]

i want one… they are also talking about putting the motors in the trucks… would love the have a ridgeline turbo diesel

interesting aluminum block construction.

[quote=“justa4door,post:9,topic:38187"”]

i want one… they are also talking about putting the motors in the trucks… would love the have a ridgeline turbo diesel

[/quote]

They are currently working the a Turbo diesel V6.

I would love a diesel I4 Tacoma,