I have a Honda problem.

Nightmares are more exciting :slight_smile:

Nightmares are more exciting :slight_smile:

So how do you like the new car, and how does it compare to your old one handling wise? Will you be happy with just minimal mods?

Yep. Good choice for GS, overweight and undertired for STSā€¦

EDIT (and apparently illegal for STS due to the diff.) STX could have possibilities as you can take advantage of wider tires.

The only MCSā€™s you need to worry about will be the '07s. There are a few of us who think the '07s will obsolete the older models.

Anyway, I still say GS. Because street tires suck.

Those look hot with the HFP body kit.

How are you going to fit 13" wheels on there?:stuck_out_tongue:

looks like they took a beetle and stretched it.

The car has a goiod attitude straight from the factory. I never drove an ITR totally stock but I would bet this car is the closest to it.

The 2.0 has good midrange, esp. for the gearing. 1-5 are nice and tight with a mpg saver 6th.

Turn in yields nice neutral handlng, a big lift in a wrong situation and it might get lose but its not crazy. The coupe suspension is a bit stiffer then the sedan, it is actually noticable to me.

You can definately feel the diff working in almost every situation. Braking hasnt really been tested yet, seems responsive tho. I did notice today there is a bit of buildup on the rear rotors I will need to get rid of.

Iā€™m happy with the package, nimble feel.

nice marc

i like the looks. great chouce considering you already have a daily and this is more like a fun car than a DD. thats still the case right? i think we have the smae taste in honda colors too. when are we crewing together again?

Nah this is going to be my DD, I live in VA now I no longer need AWD and the wife has a CR-V.

As for the crewing did you go to Sno-Drift? Unfortunately with the new job itā€™ll be 6 months before I can in good conscience take a day off.

Daily driver should = motorcycle.

1hr each way commute, in the dark most days, with VA drivers. A motorcycle is the last thing i want to drive.

congrats Marcā€¦looks HOT

Nice whip Marc

hmmmm, half kinda falling apart. Really though, I have beat the absolute shit outta it. Iā€™ve replaced one upper control arm, all the bushings in the front LCAs and one wheel bearing. The exhaust still sounds like hell at WOT but is a little more bearable when driving ā€œnormalā€ due to a resonator I tossed on there. Plan on giving it an alignment (needs one badly) and some new aftermarket rear LCAs (because itā€™s cheaper then buyin new stock bushings).
Also think Iā€™ll be trying a rear sway this season and switching to koniā€™s rather than the kybs.

However, your old motor which is in my 99 SI is holding up just fucking great!

You still seriously need to come back to buff and drive the hatch.

Yea maybe this summer Iā€™ll take a weekend and come play.

My vote is to stay GS. Remember SM, and all the shit you had to do to your car??? Iā€™m looking to move back to stock now too. I donā€™t know anyone with a new Si yet, so I donā€™t know what they drive like. But if they move and handle like an ITR, GS should be a good time.

As for your old hatchā€¦itā€™s seen better days. But it is still a blast to drive. Honda + supercharger = fun.

I would stay GS too. But I guess that they are supposed to be really abusive to the front tires, and they get super hot super fast, so make sure you pick up a water sprayer. The verdict is still out on how the car will fare against the Miniā€™s cause I guess Konis werenā€™t available till late last year. But either way, it definitaly looks like it should be fun.

Koniā€™s still arenā€™t available. So until they are out the true comparo hasnt happened.

Does anyone know if the Miniā€™s have factory camber adjustment? That may be the deciding factor, cause I know my car does not.

Other important tidbits, 17X7 in wheel, so 225/45/17 will probably be the widest front I will be able to make work. I think a 245 will rub. Also, itā€™s tough to find a 215 or a 205 for the rear that has a similar diameter. I think a staggered setup will really help with rotation since the car has a tiny rear bar, like 14mm >.<

If the Mini actually has a camber adjustment, it doesnā€™t give them much, if any, based upon how much they complain about lack thereofā€¦

One data point to consider is that the '05 RSX-S can fit a 245 up front if you take full advantage of the wheel offset allowance.

Nice buy :tup: