I have a Honda problem.

“Rubbin’ is racin’” - Days of Thunder

The current crop of Mini’s get very very little camber. It’s still a question mark for the '07’s though. Though someone I know who was at the dealer to place an order on one said it looked like there may be room for adjustment, but wasn’t totally sure how much if any really.

:tup:

Also, has anyone heard of this new MINI “hyper sport” suspension package? Dave is that what your referring to when you say 07 will be the new cat’s meow?

Eh, that + rain w/ good clothes - obligatory rain suit = not my choice.

I was this —> <— close to an RSX-S. Sharp car. I got a chance to drive a new Civic, and wasn’t as impressed as I was with the older Si I rolled around. The styling on the new cars turns me off.

It’s a stupid thing, but I hate cleaning ice out of those recessed headlight wells on the RSX. It seems to build up with the heat from the lamps, and your lighting really suffers. :dunno: Minor niggle.

No, I have yet to hear of any “hyper sport” suspension. But I can ask my dad if he’s heard anything about it since he placed an order for his on Monday.

But it’s still a question mark if the new Mini will be faster than the Supercharged one, at least in autocross. I guess the torque curve is really nice compared to the older ones, but gearing is shorter, and that’s a concern for some. Just have to wait and see I guess.

Why do manufacturers insist on using too-short gearing in a car that has an abundance of torque? :gotme:

why not a sedan?

sedan Si > coupe Si

You need to drive the MR2. It’s really just a matter of getting over “3rd gear-itis”. As long as the car is good on torque, it pulls well in 3rd, and if it doesn’t have good torque (like a Type R so I’m told), it doesn’t pull well in 3rd. Most people are just afraid of loosing time in the downshift back to second, because it’s easy to screw up. I don’t know, I don’t really have any data to back any of this up though, it’s really just a “butt dyno” type thing.

But to not go too far off topic, if the Si is like the Type R, you better get working on you 2nd to 1st shifting :slight_smile: .

:tup:

PS: where’s 91MR2 in this thread? i thought for sure he’d be sucking you off by now…

Negative, coupe suspension is stiffer.

Nice ride! What part of NOVA do you live?

I live in Loudoun County, and work in Manasses.

Here’s where I’m coming from: Gearing is used as a torque multiplier. All other thing being equal, to acheive the same results at the wheels with an engine that has more available torque, you would use taller gearing. The biggest issue is that in a FWD car, you run out of available traction quickly when alot of torque is multiplied by using too-short gears. Which means 1st gear is useless, and 2nd gear runs out too soon. Shifting takes time, time when you are not at WOT.

I’d bet that your MR2 would be faster on the bigger courses if it were geared in such a way that you could just stick it in 2nd and leave it there. I’m certain that my old Nissan would have been much better with the five speed, as well.

Drove a newe SI today. Best Car I have driven in a long time.