I just had to send the best email

We went on a boat trip for work Monday…someone decided to send out 100megs of photos to each user…something like 60-70 emails accounts…

[LEFT]Subject: Great boat trip. Great pictures. Great big “oops”.

[/LEFT]
We hit a little snag in our email system early this afternoon. Everyone eager to share the pictures of Mondays staff boat trip overloaded our email system. This occurred when a large volume of LARGE picture files were emailed around the office. To avoid this happening in the future, if you want share your photos, try using a free service like photobucket.com. This will avoid major problems with our email system and make it easier for the viewer as well as the send.

For now, if you received boat trip photos, please save the few that you want to keep and delete the rest. This can be done by deleting the email, then by emptying your trash in outlook.

That concludes our lesson for today! Thanks everyone.

people are so retarded sometimes.

Where are the pictures of you singing sloppy karaoke?

Thread failure. :tdown:

:lol:

Im getting replys “So you were wasted and didn’t want anyone to see”

LOL!!!

silly HSBC

speaking of e-mail…

where is the reply to david’s e-mail

we are waiting!!!

inforpics

We had this problem last summer. People using an external exchange server hosted on a residential DSL connection to fucking send 50mb of pictures in emails.

Made the exchange policy REAL quick after I got paged at 7am asking why email was so slow.

wow you are way nicer to people than i am about shit like that. someone at our place sent out a marketing advertisement to about 30 internal people and about 500 external people, kept it in .tiff format :bloated: 24 mb.

I get notifications if anything spikes over normal usage, so basically as soon as we saw exchange go crazy, then our T1, went and looked at the queue, deleted all of the messages and sent him and email saying. “Do not ever do this again, if you want to send out a picture to the outside world from our email systems call IT first.”

this was a director. he has not emailed a picture since. :lol:

So you don’t have rules setup for maximum email size?

Policies on your servers are your best friends! Once i get paged and woken up, a policy change on the server usually comes out of it :slight_smile:

newb it admin!

[quote=“JayS,post:9,topic:30823"”]

So you don’t have rules setup for maximum email size?

[/quote]

Never really worried about internal email sizes…people send larger files since we do graphic work and stuff…

Just to send 5 emails at 20megs a peice to everyone here is extreme.

seriously you need a quota setup.

Tell people to get a flickr acct or something.

[quote=“JustinH,post:13,topic:30823"”]

seriously you need a quota setup.

Tell people to get a flickr acct or something.

[/quote]

I do have a quota setup…and it works very very well users know the mailbox limits and keep the size down…

100megs put a few people mailboxes past warn and into not able to send/recv

did you wear a shirt?

Yea and some sweet sun glasses…

god i hope not

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:16,topic:30823"”]

Yea and some sweet sun glasses…

[/quote]

Those Elton John ones…star shaped with glidder? Bring them to Benny Benssi:headbang:

Yeah, someone here did something similar to that.

120MB photos, emailed to 80 people

we were wondering why the exchange database grew 15% in one day.

Man, defragging and shrinking that shit back down was a bitch.

[quote=“Daddie,post:19,topic:30823"”]

Yeah, someone here did something similar to that.

120MB photos, emailed to 80 people

we were wondering why the exchange database grew 15% in one day.

Man, defragging and shrinking that shit back down was a bitch.

[/quote]

Defragging and shrinking is for pussies. I perfer just drop the whole database and start over :slight_smile: