IC Dry Ice

So this is just an interest check on who might want to purchase some dry ice used to remove the layer of sound deadening material from the floorboards of their car. That material is pretty dense and lightens your car by around 60-65 lbs.

It’s easy to use, and it does a great job with no residue left behind if you were to use a heatgun.

Send me a PM, or post feedback.

Price would approximately be $75 for 35L, cost of the cooler included (which would do 2 cars no problem)

actually this has my mind thinking, im more or less just very curious to know more on how this works? do you have pictures to show it in action ?

were you using this on shawns (driftaculars) car?

Dry Iice is the oldest trick in the book for this job. It works, no questions asked.

yep, it def. does. if i lived closer, i’d scoop up some in a heartbeat, i can’t seem to find a place up here that sells it at all. oh, and for gods sake, use good gloves when handling it.

In my build link you’ll see what it does to the material, basically makes it really cold and brittle immediately, and it just falls apart with a light tap of a hammer. You’ll be able to notice which area I initially tried using a heatgun.

I just got a cooler full for Shawn, he’ll be doing his own car tomorrow.

http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=49965

Whatever happened to a rubber mallet and parking the car outside and let it get cold, banag bang bang volia all gone.

half of mine just fell out on its own… guess im lucky?

sounds like a sweet idea…