Ice Racing

I have seen that its pretty popular in Michigan, Wis and Minn was wondering if there is anywhere close were they race? defiantly interested in it.

Closest thing I know would be these guys, they pretty much run their rally series in the dead of winter. Still not really ice racing though.

http://www.flr-scca.com/rally/2007/rallycross/index.html

that shit is crazy. would be fun. but not for me. im too much of a puss

ohh hell yes, now, who wants to go halves on this guy with me:

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/car/391344498.html

i guess I am going to have to hike up to Michigan for some ice racing

Im fairly certain that Chris Huff, who runs the AutoX at Beaverun is trying to get some people interested in winter rally cross for this year. I’m definitely going to be hitting that up in the mazda this winter.

whats his contact info or where would he post that info?

In Response to Trigun’s post:
Im not really sure about his contact info. He may be able to be reached through Beaverun. I’ll aks my buddy who had him as a mentor last year if he has a number to be reached at up there this weekend. You could always justr show up to one of the fall session AutoX’s which he runs and talk to him about it. I believe the next one is the 19th?

unfortantly i am have been working weekends so no time, does the car have a email addresses?

Chris is still planning on doing some form of rally this winter. I was up at last weekends autoX and the topic was brought up. Hes trying to finalize things before he starts telling anyone any details.

Hi all,
I tracked down Chris Huff at c.huff@beaverun.com. He said Beaverun is considering rallycross events but needs people to show interest. If you think you wanna run, please email him so we can get an event on the calender. The only other rallycross I have found locally is at www.smithtonhole.com, and it’s run by www.trisrc.com. These guys also need more racers or they may lose their venue.
Perry

So I was told that the first Rally at Beaverun will be held on the 15th of December, thats a saturday. I’m not sure on the details but i would assume its the same as AUtoX for Chris, meaning, $35 for the day and runs from 10 till 4. Also, expect more of them. I will be there.

That is correct. Chris has put a Rallycross on the schedule December 15th 10-4. I’m not sure what the cost is yet.
I’ll be there with the Turbo 74 baja bug. Looking forward to a great time!
Perry

How rough is the course at BR?

For autox they usually just make it up an hour before its never the same unless they use the drift/gocart track. It could best be described as a big blacktop parking lot. Who’s all going on the 15th? I’ll meet ya guys up there i live like 5 min away from BR. What cars should i be looking for?

I’m not sure what the course is gona be like at BR. I hear he’s thinking about using some of the rally school course which goes through the woods. I was never there for the races before, I assume you used the big field next to the autocross area?
Perry

Yea in past events he has used pretty much all of BR including the VDA and the jump featured on the offroad course. Chris will be there with his RHD Alltrac Celica, ill be there in the Red Devil. Look for the Autobot! Hope to see more of you up there!

There’s a good possibility some of SBR will be there to some extent. Not sure If I’m going yet. Its a double evented day. What with PS Christmas bash and the event at Beaver Run.

I know Mike mentioned it to me to try and get some attendance for it. But I don’t know what capacity is planning to show up. Wonder if he has the rally car in mind. We have a SNO rally in MI at the beginning of the year… I’ll ask tomorrow if I don’t die on the way there.

I plan on hitting up the pittspeed bash at QS&L in robinson after the days events. Long day followed by lots of food, sounds good to me!

BAH i cut my finger off working on my buddies car in school yesterday and couldnt go now~!!!