I'm new.

Hey guys, my name is dan. I live around/close to Rochester. I am the proud owner of a 2005 World Rally Blue STi, a 1980 sort of red/white/rust Toyota Corlla that was modified for national rally a while back but way past its prime (on the execution block; going to remove the engine since its the only part worth saving), and soon to be leasee (hopefully) of a 2008 BMW Z4 M coupe (black w/ black interior.) I work at John Holtz BMW as a detailer and it was a sick employee lease deal I couldn’t pass up. My STi I bought used from a friend that I know through where my dad used to work. It was already modified to where it is now before I bought it (stage 2 flash, exhaust, intake) minus the gold foil i lined the intercooler with. My future plans for the STi consist of mostly driver training, racing schools, etc. at which point I will be able to run consistently at the track and actually benefit from further modifications (which I plan to be swaybars, r comps, and a tune.) As for the M coupe, a guy at work knows a guy who is an amazing welder who has cut out the mufflers of one of the techinician’s M5 and welded straight pipes in place. I looks like stock and can easily be reverted back to stock with standard bmw procedure for muffler replacement (cut and clamp.) So I may be doing that. Anyway, the engine out of the corolla has serious potential for a future project. We will see what the future has in store. Looking forward to being part of the forum. And no, I don’t like to make paragraphs.

:tup: I have a lot of respect for this one statement alone. Welcome!

Welcome, Dan. My automotive career started at John Holtz MB/BMW when they were in one building. I was a lot lizard/detailer. Great job at the time.

Welcome I love the M coupe nice choice.

I have no idea how you can afford all this as a detailer, but welcome and good luck.

i heard that saying from my boces teacher. you know a lot lizard is also a hooker at a truck stop. anyways welcome to nyspeed

welcome :wave: