long time lurker, new user

My name is Rob and i live in wheatfield NY just outside of North Tonawanda.

i am a full-time student at Niagara County Community College

my car is a 2006 Toyota Corolla S, Autotragic

short ram intake with AEM dryflow filter
DC Sports short Header
OBX Underdriven + Lightweight Crank Pulley
Magnaflow Catback 2.25 mandrel bent w/ 3 inch tip
Crower 268/268 Stage 1 Cams
Greddy E-manage Blue + p&p harness, tuned by Mike @ Innovative Tuning

suspension: Tein H tech springs, DropZone Struts/shocks (not good), Progress Rear Sway Bar, Vibrant Strut tower bar…

• 215/35/18 Sonar SN1 tires on 18’ Speedy Lite 5’s black with polished lip 5 spoke. ( i bought these because i really liked the looks of them, looking for 16 or 17’s and lighter)

upcoming mods: MWR High Stall Torque Converter, Megan or k-sport Coilovers, and of course, smaller and lighter wheels (hopefully)

ive been checking this forum on and off for a while and finally got around to registering. so, good to be here, haha

Welcome fellow Wheatfielder

Welcome Aboard.

Pics of Yota?

You will catch some haters for modding that particular car to that ($) extent… especially whle being a student. Have you used student loan money to pay for some of it?

I’m assuming you’re building it to turn? Check out the Spring BBQ / Track meet.

oh i already know that already. people hating on my car doesnt really bother me. its quick for what it is though. no, i have not used any student loan money to pay for it. The car was a graduation gift and i used paychecks from part-time jobs to mod it.

Yes, i do have a passion for curves. :wink: once i get coilovers and some lighter wheels i will be another step in the right direction.

:wave:

Interesting choice. Welcome. :wave:

:tspry:

Go to track days. $100 gets you ike 4 hrs of seat time.

Haters be damned! I like Corolla’s. I have a secret hardon for the Corolla XRS. Just a shame about that whole no-clutch-pedal thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

So what kind of power does a 1ZZ with intake, exhaust, pulleys, cam, and a tune make? Ever dyno it?

ask and you shall recieve.

keep in mind, car is auto, and on 18’s (yeah, i know…), also, dyno run was done in 2nd gear with Overdrive off.

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/7…nosheetaw6.jpg

and heres the dyno vid for anyone thats interested!

ouch. welcome.:wave:

Ooof, seems like the factory rev-limiter cuts in way too soon looking at that graph. Looks like it’s just starting to taper off. But big ol’ boats are quite fun to toss around. :slight_smile:

Side topic: This shifter rules.

yeah, someone raised the stock rev limit on their supercharged corolla 1zz on my forum and was able to make more power past the stock limit. raised it from 6,500 to 7,100 and made more power. interesting.

and good god that car/shifter looks hideous. haha.

car guys are all car guys, we should all get along. Welcome! Come to the BBQ this year, meet tons of new people.

Welcome Aboard :wave:

hey thanks man. as of right now, i highly intend on going to that Track meet BBQ GTG, also trying to find a few people that i can cruise on up with.

That automatic isn’t doing you any favors on the dyno, but as long as you’re having fun with it. I imagine it will handle very well when you’re done with it so it should do great at autoX.

I live right off of Jagow RD. I dont plan on attending the track day but if you ever want to cruise to an autoX just let me know.

Herro.

Deffinitly having fun with it Mike! Car has been off the road all winter, and i need to have it inspected sometime soon. i have a few questions though… what will happen to the tuning if i were to plug in the 02 sensor? what will happen if i unplug the e-manage and then hook it back up later? will the tuning that you did be lost or “deleted”? also, if i plan on getting my own wideband and gauge, should i bring it back for tuning once i get that?

sounds good man, where is Jagow road? Im off of Nash near the park. Ill PM you my number

Right behind the mall. I know that area a little.