In the market for a truck

Most people buy diesels just to say they have it. Add up the initial cost, operating costs, fuel cost, etc. The slightly better fuel mileage would take forever to make up for the aforementioned costs and make the diesel a ‘wise investment’.

If you’re buying new, yes, used, not so much.

Used they will carry a slightly higher premium, but they will also hold on to their resale value much better, and always will be worth more than gas models.

Ehhh…

1)I don’t make purchase decisions based on how much something is gonna be worth when I sell it

2)Diesels cost quite a bit more new or used, and the cheaper ones are higher mileage with a body/suspension/etc that’s falling apart around a good motor

3)Everything I said still applys, the fuel savings are barely gonna put a dent into the higher price/payments/fuel cost/etc

Ive got a gas 1/2 ton and my brother has a diesel 3/4 ton.

Diesel is $3.059 or so and gas is $2.719. I get 15-16 mpg and he gets 20-23 mpg.

Everything for his truck costs more than for mine since its heavier duty. Brakes, tires, suspension parts, etc.

Really I had no real need to get a diesel because I dont need a heavy duty truck. However if I was in the market for a heavy duty truck no way would I get a gas motor. A small block like in the Dodges and Fords is too underpowered for a heavy truck and Im sure the big block in the Chevy is a pig on gas. Ford and Dodge dont even offer a big block V8 and Im not sure if Ford still has a V10 in the newer trucks. Dodge doesnt.

Absolutely. Problem is, is it’s ‘macho’ and ‘cool’ to tow a fucking jet ski with a Ford F450:retardclap and fool yourself that you made a wise investment at the same time

I don’t think Rubino needs a diesel if he doesn’t even have a use for a full-size pickup.

The Tacoma is arguably the best midsize pickup truck you can buy today. And they hold their value.

I spent HOURS upon HOURS doing research a couple of months ago when my car was in the body shop and I was contemplating getting into something else. New or used, you can’t go wrong with them. The only issue is rust on the older models driven in the salt belt. Other than that, they’re virtually bulletproof.

You certainly do not buy a diesel for fuel economy or economics, however damn sad when aformentioned truck gets better fuel economy than the Jimmy with the 4.3, or the Subaru, or the 2500 suburban…:wink:

But personally I’d rather have a Duramax under the hood than most gas motors these days with the shit I do here. I don’t have to do shit to it except feed it fuel oil and change the oil when needed. Bulletproof for lack of better words. And it’d come in handy when we find who fucked with ASS and Mikes car, cause we’ll throw a towhook through their window and drag their shit sideways up a hill by the fucking B-pillar without breaking a sweat :number1

Yes that is retarded

Right, but the OP has absolutely NO need for a truck of that caliber, so why are we even arguing about them in his thread?

Oh, that’s right, I forgot. This site is all relative. Whoever makes the most HP, TQ, or rolls the most coal, has the bigger dick/gets the most women/has the highest degree of education/gets paid the most out of anybody else.

Lighten up kid, it was a suggestion at best and people are going to relay opinions freely.

Would you both please just relax and go have a laugh@the new Jellies cartoon in off topic, mmmkkk?

J - are you looking for new or slightly used?

:slight_smile: All in the original post guys.

I’d like to get a full size truck like an F150 or a Chevy 1500 but I don’t think it’ll fit in my driveway and off street parking in my neighborhood is a pain in the ass. For the money I know am going to be spending, a full size truck is my best bang for my buck but I simply can not acommodate to my parking situation. I really need a truck simply because I find myself trying to borrow family member or friends truck because I constantly have a project going on and my job situation is changing which will make it more convenient and justifiable to own one.

I like the way both the Nissan and Toyota look. They both have great reviews on consumer reports for the most part. I’ve gotten a mixed review from several people on both trucks and what I think it will ultimately come down to a purchase on either one is PRICE. I plan on making a purchase outright and if I have to, finance a very small amount.

There’s a frontier for sale in the lot right next to my Mavis. It’s called Crown Motors. I just put new tires on it

http://www.zgeek.com/forum/gallery/files/1/1/5/8/0/hilux.jpg

Go Hilux or go home.

Thanks, do you have any info on it?

You would be surprised at where a fullsize can fit. My brother has a narrow city driveway and still can fit his 3/4 ton truck in it.

Not really. It’s a quad cab tho

Yeah give me a PM/Call if you’re leaning towards a Tacoma and I can give you pricing. We got dealer inventory programs to find any specific combo of color/trim/bodystyle/motor/options… Then I could just give you price or an address if we dont own it. I sit in front of the computer all day at Lia, don’t mind helping any shifter with the research

Thanks man. I’m just waiting on a couple of things to get buttoned up on my end but I will be making a purchase in the very near future.