Infiniti to Build 1-series Fighter

Winding Road Article

“Infiniti insiders have revealed the premium Japanese brand’s intention to launch a rival for the BMW 1-series and Audi A3. Yet crucially, Infiniti says the body style of its smallest model will be totally different from anything else in the segment.”

I’d be curious to see what the body type would be. I wouldn’t be too excited about something that looks like an SUV.

What do you think?

i’m thinking something along the lines of a small roadster…like the mx-5 or
s2000

i think that’s what nissan is missing…(the vert 240 never really caught on)

Very awesome.

It won’t be a small roadster if it’s competing with the 1-series, and the A3, more likely either a 3-door hatch, or a coupe.

Yeah the 1 series vert is weak and the A3 vert isn’t sold here. It’ll be a coupe, I’m sure.

Not that hard of a task, imo. All they have to do is give it driving dynamics roughly equal to the 1-series. Looks won’t matter because I don’t think it’s possible to make an uglier vehicle than the 1-series no matter how hard you try.

it would be really cool if they took the s13 retro style and modernized it, refined it, etc… that would be really cool (and different than the current crop of their offerings). That’s just me though.

I hope its not going to be another gay crossover.

awd turbo versa? hahah