Informative compression test info from my own car.

i fill my motor up with liquid nitrogen…THEN do the comp test…fuckin NOOBS!

Explain this one…I still can’t…

I BPU’ed a bone stock Supra back in 2002. I did a compression test on the motor (warm, cold, did not matter I did it many times) and it was 180, 180, 140, 120, 90, 90. Changed the oil and added a quart of Rislone, tested 180 across…

I had the owner run the car for two weeks and I changed the oil, and added no more Rislone. Compression went back to fucked (same before numbers as before), added Rislone…went back to 180 across. Car ran fine with or without Rislone, but would only check 180 across with it…

??? I don’t believe in oil additives but I saw this with my own eyes…

additives fill in scratches and whatnot in the cyl,s

I understand the concept, but still though, to go from garbage to perfect? Not to mention that the car ran fine either way. In fact it trapped ~118 as I recall (with no Rislone in it), no way it’d do that with horrible compression

Trav i got nothing aganist you but just face it, the motor has 15psi less compression in that one cylinder. Why does that onc cyl need more oil temp to have the same compression as the others, why does the other 3 have perfect compression with lower oil temps. If all 4 compression numbers went up with higher oil temps id agree with you but it doesnt. Does it smoke, burn oil, have lotta blow by? If not, who cares beat that sob

15psi isn’t out of spec or nothin. it’s fine RUN IT.

If the car is feeling sluggish, just keep cranking the boost up :rofl

^lmao!!! hopefully the HUMIDITY doesnt get to those extra psi tho!

good point, its probably all humidity related anyway!!!

I just plumbed in a dehumidifier before my turbo, runs off a 750W inverter.

that is a fantastic idea. doing mine now. that way i’ll be getting full atmosphere pressure into my intakes. The humidity lowers base atmosphere too.

what he said!

Supras are whimsical unicorns.

These birds are saying howdy to the zebra. Actually, they’re not saying howdy. They’re eating the shit out of him.

:rofl

like installing a lt1 / t56 through the top of a 4th gen?

Maybe that particular cylinder on the 4g63 is the last to get up to temp due to the oil/cooling system design. Maybe it’s the thick oil. Who knows. The engine compression tests PERFECT when up to OPERATING TEMP, so that’s literally all that matters.

Shift mechanics spouting bullshit ITT.

To test this theory why don’t you do a compression test on the motor when it’s 100% cold. Obviously the numbers are going to be lower but if they are all consistant then maybe this cyl is the last to get up to temp. If that cyl is lower the the other 3 when 100% cold then that’s just what it is.

I farted ITT.