interesting thought

There are probably a good number of reasons this wouldnt work, but interesting all the same:

Dear Mr. President,
Please find below my suggestion for fixing America 's economy.
Instead
Of giving billions of dollars to companies that will squander the
money
On lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan. You
can
Call it the Patriotic Retirement Plan:

There are about 40 million people over 50 in the work force. - Pay
them
$1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following
Stipulations:

1. They MUST retire. Forty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.
  2. They MUST buy a new American CAR. Forty million cars ordered -
    Auto
    Industry fixed.
  3. They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing
    Crisis fixed.

It can’t get any easier than that!
P.S. If more money is needed, have all members in Congress and their
Constituents pay their taxes…

:tup: im in

Repost

Would it or would it not work though?

haha. Nice Janus

If I did the math correctly, $1M to 40 million people is 40 trillion. Even though our current buyout isn’t cheap, it’s nowhere near $40T.

Its a short term answer to a long term problem.

Inflation would rise therefore making it impossible for the working folks to afford anything.

I don’t pay taxes so that a section of society can get a million dollar check. If you were to start that, you would open the flood gates for every welfare sucking POS to get the same, and then single parents, and kids in college, oh but there too young, they will need more.

Of course, giving money hand over fist to companies, is just as fucked up. How many man hours did, or will it take for the taxpayers to repay all of that money?

Flame away, tell me its not “my money” and that your more than happy to pay for such a program :slight_smile:

The email assumes people suck at math and only see the cost as 40 million, not the 40 trillion it actually costs.

another 40 trillion pumped into the economy would truly make our money worthless

:picard: I was at the hospital at the end of an 18 hour shift when I posted. I did suck at teh math.