anybody else get this gem of an email?

I had a coworker send this to my team:

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Patriotic retirement:[/FONT][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial][/COLOR][/FONT]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial] [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]There are about 40 million people over 50 in the work force - Pay them $1 Million apiece severance with the following stipulations:[/FONT][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]1.They retire immediately. Forty million job openings - Unemployment is then fixed.[/FONT][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]2.They must buy NEW American cars. Forty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.[/FONT][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]3.They either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed.[/FONT][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype][B][I]It can’t get any easier than that!

P. S. If more money is needed, have all members in Congress and their constituents pay their taxes.[/FONT][/I][/B][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]
[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial][/COLOR][/FONT]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]and for fun, I’ll let you tell me why this doesn’t work :roflpicard:
[/COLOR][/FONT]

I’m in. :gotme:

hint, do the math.

Ummmm, I was told there would be no math.

I dunno guys, just making up $40 trillion sounds like a reasonable action, after all, we’ve spent like 3.5% of that on all our previous stimulus efforts.

I don’t see how this could possibly fail.

E: There’s a quote I read somewhere, and now cannot find, that went something like: “America will survive as a free state until her citizens realize that they can elect politicians to raid the national treasury.”

you mean it doesn’t cost $40 million, lol… it’s almost some kind of a mind trick, it took me a moment also.

you win the cookie.

How about, $10,000(bounty) for every 50 year old head you bring in?
I think it would be a much better investment.
I keed, I keed.

You keed, but you’re right. Pay people to kill retirees? Nobody in nursing homes, spending inheritances, a bare minimum receiving social security… it would make fiscal sense for the government.

What do you think the FEMA camps are for?:tinfoilhat:

I got it too. From my 50+ year old Republican aunt… sigh

:lol:

:roflpicard:

Yeah when you change it from $1 million each to $1 apiece it becomes significantly less attractive :lol:

Obama will LOVE this plan. Think of the tax revenue, taxing these bastards at top rates!!!
It would only “really” cost $20 trillion.
Bwaaaaahaaahhaah!

this comes from the right, making a jab at obama… don’t be spinning.

As long as we’re looking to Europe for most of our government ideas now, why not use the French system? Wait for a big heat wave, let the electrical grid fail, watch the old people die.

Haha, lets not disregard the collateral damage incurred by hacking out the most experienced part of the workforce. A bunch of youngins running US industry, I love it!

That’s an interesting idea…aren’t you on that age borderline :mamoru:

Funny you should ask, I am officially old in about 10 hours. Thanks for reminding me. :cry:

it’s gonna take a while to print all that money, better oil the money presses

They are still cooling down from the last trillion