Introducing the NYSpeed Volume 1 DVD

Some of you knew what was going on… some of you had no clue - either way, here it is!

This is quite the step for me: going from making simple 4-minute clips to an all out DVD. It was a huge learning experience. As some of you know, I never went to school for this stuff… I just found it fun and went for it.

Now some members will remember over the summer I would mention that this was my goal, but toward the end of the summer I wasn’t sure I could pull it off. I really didn’t plan any of my shots - everything was off-the-cuff from everything that went on over the season. The objects and story lines I wanted to focus on just didn’t play out. After reviewing almost 600-gigs of footage, I decided to give it a shot. The goal was to make something that wouldn’t be as full-length as I would have originally liked, but enough where it was worth it to be distributed in DVD format - not just over the web.

The DVD content focuses on the events, meets and track days of last summer. The main film portion is about 30 minutes long. There are also a good 50+ (if I remember correct, there are so many numbers in my head) of extras - some that you have already seen, some that you haven’t. The extras do not have as high a level of editing as the main film portion. That main portion was started around November and I’ve been plugging away at it for several months.

With the amount of time that I put in, I figured it would be worth it to just “go all out” and have this thing professionally made up. Which, as I found out when I opened the box today, may or may not have been the best idea, lol. More on that later.

Since this is such a step, I didn’t want to have more made up that I thought I could sell. So I’ve only had 100 copies made. That might seem like a lot, or maybe not enough to some, but look at it this way: this project is a market test. If I can unload all of my copies, then I’ll be able to better see the demand for something like this and make more next year. If I can’t sell them… well, don’t expect me to put in the effort to bother the 2nd time around, lol :stuck_out_tongue:

So when can you get your copy? At the release party!

NYSpeed DVD Release Party - Saturday April 21st, 2007 - Downtown Buffalo @ Blu Mirage Ultra Lounge

Click HERE for more details on the DVD Release Party

This is the first anyone will be able to buy them… and likely, the last time as I plan on selling most if not all 100 (er, 99 because I get one too :slight_smile: ) copies on that night.

The specific times will be announced in a few, but expect something like 11pm-4am with at least a 1-hour open bar.

If you’re not 21, you’ll either need to get an ID or just wait until after the party… sorry.

If you live out of state or out of town, I’ll make arrangements with you to get you your copies by the release night. This does not include those who live in Rochester or Toronto - you guys don’t live that far - get off your ass and drive here!

What will they cost? $10 each.

I’m only charging what it cost me to make them. I’m not looking to make a profit here - just testing the waters to see if something like this is worth doing again. :tup:

I’d also like to apologize to Jack, evoMR and anyone else who I’ve put on the back burner these last few months while I worked out all the details. I appreciate your patience. :slight_smile:

Now we’ve got some time until the release and it’s definitely a good thing… out of the 100 copies I ordered, only 62 are playable… the rest are defective and will need to be re-made and shipped back to me. There were also 4 empty cases in my box of 100… so SOMEONE took them! Be on the lookout for 4 rouge copies floating around… maybe in the hands of an NYSpeed member who works of UPS…? lol, just one more delay I’ve had to fight with over these winter months.

Oh, and none of this is in HD - it’s totally playable on any regular DVD player. I’m hoping to be able to show some HD clips at the release party as it looks too awesome not to share.

Please add your vote to the poll above to RSVP about the release party.

And lastly, thanks to everyone here who, without your participation (willingly or unwillingly :slight_smile: ) made all of this possible!

On to some pics! The back-cover shot looks like ass for some reason here… but rest assured it’s high-quality and color :tup:

http://onyxz32.sagemind.com/DVDZ1.jpg

http://onyxz32.sagemind.com/DVDZ2.jpg

http://onyxz32.sagemind.com/DVDZ3.jpg

http://onyxz32.sagemind.com/DVDZ4.jpg

Disciss NYSpeed DVD Vol.1 HERE