IP adress lookup help

Someone ordered some kind of US Credit Find something or another to our Verizon phone bill.

My gf’s mom pays the phone bill so the bill is in her name but the company had my name as the person that signed up. I definitely did not sign up for it. The company said it was ordered from IP address: 72.65.1.110

I did a search but really only found that its from somewhere in Buffalo. The only computer I use is my home one and that is not my IP.

Can anybody find out who’s IP that is? I want to find out why they are ordering shit I don’t want in my name. Being that its a credit find thing is making me nervous.

Looks like its someone using verizons internet service. or it is verizon? Sounds like auto payment or something like that

http://whois.domaintools.com/72.65.1.110

OrgName: Verizon Internet Services Inc.
OrgID: VRIS
Address: 1880 Campus Commons Dr
City: Reston
StateProv: VA
PostalCode: 20191

NetRange: 72.64.0.0 - 72.95.255.255
CIDR: 72.64.0.0/11
NetName: VIS-72-64
NetHandle: NET-72-64-0-0-1
Parent: NET-72-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: NS1.BELLATLANTIC.NET
NameServer: NS2.BELLATLANTIC.NET
NameServer: NS2.VERIZON.NET
NameServer: NS4.VERIZON.NET
Comment:
RegDate: 2005-06-24
Updated: 2005-12-13

OrgAbuseHandle: VISAB-ARIN
OrgAbuseName: VIS Abuse
OrgAbusePhone: +1-214-513-6711
OrgAbuseEmail:

OrgTechHandle: ZV20-ARIN
OrgTechName: Verizon Internet Services
OrgTechPhone: 800-243-6994
OrgTechEmail:

call verizon and tell them you think there is something fraudulent about it… and tell them the order came from the ip you stated above and they would probably be able to shed a little more light on the subject

Yeah I used that one too and it says at the top the IP location is Buffalo.

What more can be done with it? I’m a noob when it comes to this stuff.

http://www.dnsstuff.com/ has some good info also

IT seems like its of his best interest to just fucking call verizon and be like “Bitch who is this”

and see what they say. Of course they do not have to (or legally cannot) give out that kind of info to someone.

Hell if someone put a charge on my bill I would get the cops involved. CC fraud or what ever fraud will get things moving… Then you find out it was your mother that you said it was ok to do something like that

Thanks for the help. Now can anyone tell me what it all means?!?!

EDIT: No, I have never signed up for anything like that, nor has anyone in my house. She got her Verizon bill and was like, whats this $6.95 charge for? She called Verizon, and they said I ordered it. She then told them I’m not an authorized person on the account and that I never ordered it either. They reversed the charge, but I want to know who the hell used my name to order it, because I sure as hell didn’t.

All you can get from an IPlookup is what company the address is assigned and typically the location that that range is used.

You cant find the owner without filing fraud charges with the company or authorities. You might be out of luck. If the person was smart they might be using a wireless cafe or some random open wireless to do so. I find it hard to believe that they added something to your verizon bill since that doesn’t really benefit them too much.

Yeah I know. For $6.95 a month that we obviously found right away and canceled, I don’t know if it was worth it for them. The thing I’m more worried about was that it appeared to be a credit look-up service. That part makes me wonder.

Where’s that credit protection thread we had a couple weeks ago…

When you say “ordered”, how was it added? Was someone on a cell phone and going to the My Account over the phone internet and adding it or did someone login to the Verizon page and add it by logging into your account?

According to Verizon, it was ordered off a website on June 20th. They used my name and address but my GF’s mothers home phone number. FWIW, I have never been to the web site they told us.

I live in the lower apartment of the house her mom owns. She lives upstairs so technically the address is the same.

I NEVER use her phone number for anything, because its her number. I only have an AT&T cell that I use for everything even contact info.

She is on the phone with Verizon now trying to dig up more info.

EDIT: Yeah, Verizon was no help.