Iraq War/"Conflict" 10 year anniversary.

Like with anything in this world there is always 2 sides to something. I’m sure there was many reasons to invade Iraq that the public will never know the true motives behind it. What more or less sealed the deal for me on oil being the main reason was when I was on deployment. My carrier and strike group was one of 2 that was in the Arabian Sea doing missions into Afghanistan. Iran was doing flyovers of the Carl Vinson(my carrier) at the time for 2 weeks straight in there P-3’s. Iran threatened to close off the Strait of Hormuz if we didnt stop coming so close to Iran soil. If anyone is familiar with the geographic location it is the only way for oil along with many other types of export to make it out of the Gulf. Iran technically controls it. Anyways we got pulled off our Afgan missions and posted up outside the Strait so Iran wouldnt close it for oil to make it’s way out. Seemed fucked up to me that they would put thousands of our lives at risk so some oil could make it’s way out. This was just an example of my personal experience