Is ford trying to DIE?

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/03/07/ford-unveils-2007-ranger-in-thailand/

TURbo Diesel ranger… HELLO the rest of the world gets good ford vehicles.

no plans for launching a new ranger in the US.

imagine a torquey little pickup that gets good mileage WTF.

dont mind the front end thats as Fugly as the new subaru forester.
but the american trucks their making are a joke.

I would drive that
I kinda like it

and no good diesel engines come to the states

Regular gas is too much of a premium…i would rock a diesel

:word:

ford has been advertising for their new hybrid SUVs and other models instead

RHD Truck FTW.

That diesel has been in the Ranger for a while actually, just not in the US obviously. The 2010 Ranger/new Bronco looked really hot last year when I saw it, but I’m sure they will probably drop plans to build it way before then anyhow.

It’s a shame that we never see any thing new or badass here.

that is fucking sick, i mean what more could you want, a compact 4x4 pickup that makes torque and is good on fuel.:headbang:

Figures,we get stuck with the underpowered rangers.

its the truck that should’ve had a 5.0 option in the 80’s & early 90’s.

all these sick cars overseas REALLY makes me want to move to europe just for the cars

uggh frod makes me mad they suck for not bringing all the good vehicles to the US. vehicles like that are practical, make sense and would sell well here, ford is stupid for not doing it

So far I never met a diesel I would want for a DD. Supposedly, the new ones are different. What’s the best diesel CAR currently in the US? Maybe I need to check it out to expand my horizons.

hey, back off!!! :smiley:

many good diesel engine fail to see our shores…

with my discount on fords, i’d consider a 4x4 regular cab 5 speed diesel ranger.

Don’t blame ford, blame the state and country you live in. Go try and get a diesel VW, can’t in this state due to emissions, even though every big truck burns the stuff. This country has choked the life out of the automakers with BS laws and regulations, and yes they will die if it keeps up.

word.

and… for the record- I like the new forester.

we need the Cosworth here…lol

thats a good point, i didnt even think of that

Why don’t companies offer a RHD american option?

word