iTrader - new rating system

you should enable more votes per day for the first few weeks so that people can fill out more then 4 within 5 minutes…

just for the first bit so that we can record all the other occasions people have had.

Good idea.

Now if I can just figure out how to view comments left on someone else’s rating profile :o

I believe you should add a Rep system too :slight_smile:
Or have a trader rating stated under post count like :

Trader Rating : 4

Mystikx, one of the mods and I arlready discussed adding that as its easier than going through two screens just to view someone’s stats. Gonna work on that next.

A recent PM from Theo and my response to him:

There’s discussion in the Front Desk :wink:

As for the rating, well going forward you would do a rating per item or per thread.

Eg. if you bought 5 things some dude that advertised it in a single thread, you’d leave him one feedback saying “awesome products, jdm tyte A+++” and then link to that thread

If that person happened to have 2 threads with 2 different products, well, up to you whether you want to leave one or two feedback.

But for John just leave him one feedback briefly summarizing what you’ve bought in the past from him.

I guess in genreal, treat a purchase as if it were something like an eBay win and how eBay handles feedback.

Hope this clears things up :wavey:

What is going to happen with the original feedback section? Will be tossed at some point or locked up or just left alone?

I’m thinking there should eventually only be one. And please forgive me if this has already been covered.

ps: I’m a big fan of the new system.

Theo

Theo, i’ve already covered that in the sticky in the Feedback section, althought most might not have noticed. :wink:

http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showpost.php?p=281192&postcount=2

i concur

i also think there should be a limit to how many feedbacks a person can leave.

i can see some ppl abusing it and leaving 10 feedbacks for the same guy.

should be a limit to like 1 feedback a month or something if your rating the same person.

or unless the deal goes sour and u can leave a neg rep.

i dunno, just my 2 cents

Well we let people have many feedback per day for the time being to allow our trading system to build up its stats.

Shortly after (in the coming month or so) we will limit it to X amount per day.

A crude, but working stats page is now up in case you want to see what kind of stats people have.

Please remember this isn’t some kind of contest to see who has a bigger score or whatever.

I’ll eventually add searching and whatnot to this page at some point.

http://www.son240sx.org/forums/itrader_stats.php

Gonad…GREAT work on the new system.

Much respect on behalf of SON for keeping everything up to date, and of course, running! :grouphug: (and to anyone else I may have missed)

yea, this new itrader system is awesome

but i think we should be able to read the short description of the tranactions and the long one

if its -1 on someone, I want to read up on it
not just see “-1 screwed me”

We’re working on allowing people to read detailed comments.

finally they u guys did this. i forget when i asked for this, maybe a year ago shrugs but its about time! good work boys

K, you can now view other people’s detailed comments.

Ideallly, I’d like the main list page (where you see all the basic comment) to have a +/- icon so when you click the + icon, it expands out the detailed comment; would save from switching pages.

Anywho, I think the stuff is pretty complete now, unless you have other ideas in mind? :dunno:

awesome job gautam.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Perhaps you can all show me your thanks by giving me some positive ratings :o

I can’t get enough of this thing :o

A few more enhancements:

When you see a list of feedback for a particular user, you will see a little note icon if there is detailed feedback comment, and if ther feedback links to the thread of sale, it will show a little link icon.

Also, if you hover over the row, it will show you preview of the detailed comment.

eg.
http://www.son240sx.org/forums/itrader.php?u=1075

Ok, I think this is it. :o

http://www.son240sx.org/forums/itrader_stats.php

I HAVE MY OWN COLOR! muwahahah :smiley: :smiley:

no seriously though gonad, you are rocking this add-on - keep it up.

The problem is if you’re going to use that field as a description you should update it’s heading from:

“Additional comments:
Visible to buyer, seller
and staff only”

I’ve been using it almost as a little note to the person or a mini-PM etc and now the messages are public…which doesn’t really bother ME personally but you see what i’m getting at…

Perhaps something like:

“Further transaction details:
(Optional, public)”