It's Grilling Season - Marinade / Rub Recommendations

Just purchased a new grill and looking for some new marinades or dry rub recommendations. Doesn’t matter if it’s create your own or store bought, what’s your favorite?

Chiavettas for chicken or Montreal Steak seasoning for steak.

I like to use Paul Prudhomme’s seasonings.

http://www.chefpaul.com/seasoning

This is really good. I add a few of the dry rub spices to the mayonnaise mixture to spice it up a bit and everyone that has had it, has loved it and asked for the recipe.

Go to Wegmans and buy some of the peppercorn steak kaboobs. Done. They are so fucking good I’d be polite to some of the biggest assholes on this site to get them.

Not a specific recipe, but check out Adventures in Heat on main in Clarence. All kinds of BBQ stuff there.

I cook for a living and for my own personal food i like to keep it pretty basic… I like cajun seasoning a lot on chicken, steak and catfish on the grill and you can add a little brown sugar sometimes to sweeten/ carmalize it. Montreal seasoning is fantastic on everything and you could add things like fresh lemon, lime, orange, lime and cilantro, any bbq sauce or brown surgar. If i’m doing tuna, sword fish, shark or any firm fish i usually do lemon pepper seasoning with fresh lemon and maybe some butter lol…

If you really want to try something good get some cedar planks and a nice strip steak :slight_smile:

1. Soak the plank in water for a half hour
  2. put the steak on the plank with montreal and brown sugar
  3. put on the grill on MED heat close the lid and let burn/smoke for about 10min (depending on thickness of steak) make sure you keep the lid shut so you get the smokey flavor and don’t flip the steak.
  4. take of grill and let the steak rest for a few min
  5. Enjoy with a cold beer!

And my favorite sauce is sriracha garlic chili sauce with honey! 50/50 mix on chicken/chicken wings is the shit /thread :slight_smile:

I can attest to this homo being a “okay” :slight_smile: cook since I used to work with him unfortunately. He does know his stuff and cooks very well!

did you get a charcoal grill? cause thats all i use and its teh shizzzzy

Speaking of BBQ i would like to get some people together at my place sometime this summer small meet/BBQ and beers? :slight_smile: And i know my shit i have been doing it for almost 20yrs but i honestly hate it haha…

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

I have both but propane is easier

kinda on the subject, what is the key to barbequing turkey burgers? The woman picked some up for herself and the shit turns into mush on the grill. It literally just starts oozing down between the tray rails making it impossible to flip. This crap makes me want to punch a baby seal

Try putting them in the freezer for a bit so they firm up and make sure its 1/2 way to almost 3/4 cooked before flipping.

I’m sad I have to give up my charcoal grill :frowning: My advice is buy a charcoal chimney if you don’t have one!

i’ll cosign montreal seasoning.

also there is a devils pit bbq sauce at wegmans that is awesome. has a good amount of heat, if ur into it.

if youre making chicken wings, 1/2 franks and 1/2 sweet baby rays is really good hot bbq

x2 on this. I use these all the time. Someone else mentioned BBQ sauce, if you really wanna get good sauce buy the smokey onion from BW’s on Lake near Abbott. Best BBQ I’ve ever had and I’m a fat dude so you can trust my opinion.

Also, if you’re ok with buying a lot of it, go to one of the restaurant supply stores (Bailey & Clinton) and get a big thing of Ken’s Cannonball. Friggin’ excellent.

Kilroy’s Rub.

Just got one after years of using lighter fluid and I’ve been kicking myself for not getting one sooner. I can’t believe how well it works for lighting coals.

This one specifically: http://www.amazon.com/Weber-87886-Chimney-Starter/dp/B00004U9VV/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1308050423&sr=8-2

for steak i like to keep it pretty simple, cracked blacked pepper, cracked sea salt, a little bit of cayenne pepper, and a lil bit of sugar. same for burgers.
chicken i like black pepper, sea salt, tyme, and basil, n some rosemary if i got some fresh stuff

This is one of my favorite’s for chicken:

http://www.mccormick.com/Products/GrillMates/Marinades/Grill-Mates-Mesquite-Marinade.aspx