Slow Cooker Recipies

I picked up one for $20 off SlickDeals so looking to see what you people got. Been following some threads on /r/slowcooking and searching around for some good meal ideas.

I think I am giving this one a shot this week:
Whole chicken in slow cooker. Veggies and salt and pepper. 8 hours. Yum.

chili
pulled pork
curry chicken
Mississippi roast which i havent tried yet but sounds amazing is chuck roast, hidden valley ranch, mccormick au jus mix, a stick of butter, 5 pepperoncini, no water, cook for 8 hours

I am no cook, but Saturday I made chili, and threw stuff in it.

2lbs hamburger
1 pack turkey kielbasa
1 bag of meatballs cut up
1lb of thick bacon cook crispy
1 pack of stew steak cut into smaller pieces
1 can chili beans
1 can of white beans
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can small diced tomatoes
1 can stewed tomatos
1 can tomato paste
1 can of manwich mix
1 can of corn
1 small can of green chili’s
1 bag of frozen diced peppers and onions
1 bag of some tex mex chili mix

threw in all kinda of cumin, chili powder, garlic, little cinnamon, and whatever else tex-mex kinda spices I had in the cabinet

ate it with some of those tostito’s scoops chips.

precook all the meat, and just throw it all in there.

I need to check out the Mississippi Roast thing, that sounds fantastic.

Yea I was just thinking that. So simple and looks so good. May be my first venture tonight for tomorrow since its really easy to get the ingredients.

^ Except swap out the wing sauce for Sriracha. So good!

What happened to doing this https://www.soylent.com/

?

I am on it 60%. I have that breakfast and lunch and then make a dinner to get up to the 2000 calories

If anyone is tolerant of a human dog food option, the stuff is pretty great.

penny for your thoughts?

Came in to post the chicken one JayS posted,i gotta make that again.

Did this one today as the first venture in the slow cooker. Wow. So simple and so amazing.

Ughhhh, now I really have to try it.

Made this a couple weeks ago. It sounds totally weird but it came out sooo good. Serve over biscuits, mashed potatoes, or rice. Or maybe even in burritos or something. Not the healthiest meal, but it was so damn tasty. Theblue can confirm.

Dear lord, do you get a roll of Charmin with that also???

We used that recipe for Mississippi Roast and it was WAY too salty. The NY Times “scratch” recipe is much better.

This is one that my wife makes a lot in the summer. Real easy and real good.

http://crockingirls.com/recipes/italian-pull-apart-pork/

Lots of prep and chopping but going to give this one a shot over the weekend.

We make pork shoulders a lot in ours, comes out really good.

Pro tip, put it in your garage so you don’t marinate your house in the smell of what ever you’re slow cooking. I leave my garage door up a crack when we’re doing any kind of pork slow cooking because that shit smells terrible until you add what ever sauce you’re going to use.

Did the Mississippi roast for lunch today with this recipe. It was awesome. Next time I think I will throw some sliced pepperoncini in there as well to mix in when I shred it.

Pulled pork is easy and delicious, usually do 2lbs tenderloin in 1 cup rootbeer for 7 hrs with Creole seasoning

Made a layered “enchilada” last week that was pretty good too. Corn tortillas steak and chicken with a cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, shredded cheese and salsa sauce. Threw in some black beans too. Ate that for lunch a week straight I enjoyed it so much.