What's for dinner?

Thought this might be a cool idea.

Post up what you’re making for dinner. Post a picture, post a recipe, give it a rating.

For me, I’m making slow cooker pork carnitas with a homemade spice sauce and mango/chili/lime salsa.

I’ll post pictures once it’s finished cooking tonight.

Pics:

GO!

Made homemade pot pies for the kiddies and bacon wrapped venison tenderloin for the wife and I.

This was lasts night.

Preheated oven to 350 with pizza stone in it.

10" burrito shell
Pizza sauce, mozz cheese, sliced onion, sliced fresh mushrooms, sliced green pepper.
Oven for 5-7 minutes
Put left over pulled pork ontop of all that and cooked for another 3ish minutes till the pulled pork was warm.

Shell got crunchy on the bottom and the rest was all melted yummy goodies!

Ham sandwich, bowl of cereal

This is what Instagram is for

I’ll probably stop at Mc D’s on the way home or heat up some tacos from yesterday. See how I feel when I get out of work in a few hours…

Had spicy mac n cheese yesterday.

Elbow noodles.
Helavagood cheddar - shredded
Velveeta
Buffalo wing cheese from budweys/

Shred cheeses, slice Velveeta thin, make noodles then combine and bake in oven until ready.
I offer no quantities because I do not cook, and because mac n cheese is not difficult.

this

next thing you know we’ll have a “selfies” or “what are you wearing right now” thread

We could have a poop thread

Last night I had lemon garlic chicken with sauteed broccoli, and a Serbian vegetable medley that my friend made. After a night of doing plumbing, it was great…

Last night, Ham and swiss sandwich eaten in the car while driving to Ellicottville. Probably get the smoker out Sunday and I’ll have something more legit to add to this thread.

Two nights ago:

1. spinach salad with warm mustard seed dressing, with finely chopped anchovy
  2. oven fried potatoes, when removed, immediately tossed wing-style in a hot asian garlic chili sauce
  3. pan-fried hangar steak, 3 minutes per side, hot. Dressed in home made chimichurri

Last night

1. pan warmed white beans with garlic, red pepper sauce and spinach
  2. Asparagus with nothing but olive oil, salt, pepper, but roasted with the chicken
  3. skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs. Skin pulled back, and a rub of fresh thyme, fresh oregano, finely chopped garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, then skin put back on. These are then seared hot, skin down for 4 minutes in a heavy skillet. After searing, placed in a 400 convection oven for 20 minutes.
  4. the salsa is fresh roasted red peppers, other spices, one roasted jalapeno

My olive oil thing went off…

So were you a chef somewhere or is cooking just a serious hobby for you?

I don’t cook.

That’s why I own a wife.

Nope, never been in a pro-kitchen environment. I’ve always loved to cook, but never really broke out of my somewhat boring comfort zone until a little over a year ago. The gf (now wife) was always sort of into cooking, but her ex was an ultra-controlling gourmet chef, so she never cooked while they were together. We both really got into creating interesting stuff around the same time. Pretty healthy stuff too, since none of the sauces, glazes, dressings, etc are store bought, and we really try to limit the amount of butter, oils, and dairy.

Along the way, we also built up a pretty serious pantry stock of oils, spices, vinegars, dried peppers, and grow fresh herbs.

Pretty fun to do also. Open up a bottle of wine, throw on some music, and create.

:tup:

Great post.

Take bread thing and cut in half. Put down bbq of choice, sliced apples and cheese on both sides. Marinate a pork tenderloin in your favorite flavor and set it in the middle of the bread making a sandwich. Weave a pound of bacon and wrap the sandwich in it then smother everything in bbq sauce. Oven that shit for a while a and magic happens in your mouth.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Oh come on, with your line of work that’s the best you can do? Not the Jay I knew years ago, lol.