Favorite Meal Ideas

I just was thining now that people are moving back to school, what are some of your favorite things to whip up?

Think of being cheap and healthy.

My latest was I got a london broil from BJs for 9 dollars pre marinated. Cooked up that last night with some veggies and baked potato.

Sliced the entire thing up and then today for lunch, threw it in a wrap with some garden salad ( 99cents from wegmans ) and threw some dressing of choice.

Dinner and lunch all for about 12 dollars.

funny, i was about to post up a thread like this a couple days ago, but wasn’t sure how to phrase it.

i’ve got this thing lately where i put blue cheese & hot sauce on like, everything. not tons, but man - it makes rotisserie chickens a bit healthier than wings, and cheaper for that matter :tup:

for cheap and healthy, nothing beats chicken on the grill and some kind of flavored rice :tup:

Take a chicken breast toss in in the oven on 350 with a little salt and pepper.
Cook up some stuffing, and some chicken ramen.
When the chicken is done, cube it or shred it however small you like
mix all 3 together, and enjoy your $4 deliciousness.

If you are going to cut up the chicken anyways why not cut it and pan grill it? Takes far less time and heat energy.

My last favorite was a center cut of pork, no seasoning, slow cooked outside on the grill for 2 hours. Fat side up so it would melt into the meat. Came out better than bacon, Jews and Muslims really don’t know what they are missing.

I try to stick to meats that like slow cooking, I really hate using a knife, or for that fact having to use my teeth to chew meat. I just wish I could get brisket like in TX. Always try to let the meat stand for 4 hours in room temperature before cooking, this alows the meat to “relax”. I made a lamb roast the other night, by first searing @ 425* the baking @ 325*, seems to be a nice method but I didn’t have anything to compliment the flavor well.

i generally dont eat pork… chicken and steak, pasta and rice.

ALLAH AHKBAR

fairgentlemen Z. Head down to famous daves on Walden in cheektavegas. they have some pretty good brisket and chopped pork. check it out.

Famous Daves sucks compared to other local BBQ places…

I’ll take Kentucky Greg’s over that place any day…or One Eyed Jack’s even…Fat Bob’s is where it is at though

As far as cheap, but good eats? Spaghetti, with my own sauce any day of the week. You can add so much to it as well mmmm

:word: Famous Dave’s blows. Go to Kentucky Greg’s if you want good BBQ around cheektavegas.

I went to Kentucky Greg’s in the last month. It was pretty good, not A-W-E-S-O-M-E though. Cool environment.

I’ll deffinately have to check out the other places though.

I am known at work as the “human garbage disposal” because I’ll eat damn near anything when I’m hungry lol.

Lately though I’ve been eating alot of fruit and stuff. trying to cut down on the junk food. Also, can’t go wrong with baked beans. 0 fat, high fiber goodness.

just got 1lb of 95% fat-free ground sirloin, put in some lawry’s seasoned salt & a can of carrots

ready for teh gym :tup:

Go get some Spaghetti noodles… some shrimp…some frozen veggies…and sweet n sour sauce.

MIX

enjoy!

Or jon’s favorite:

hamburger meat
spaghetti sauce
elbow noodles

done!

chicken french, easy on the flour, heavy on the egg, light olive oil, light lemon juice, heavy on the garlic, mixed veggies

f’n fantastic, about a $3 meal

damn… i think i will check that out man :tup: