Slow Cooker Recipies

Glad you guys liked. I still havent tried but I will soon now

Making the Mississippi roast right now. Mmmmmmmmmmm

Did you change anything in it? my only complaint is it is a bit salty so looking for ways to try to dilute it a bit.

I used unsalted Kerry gold butter and low sodium ranch

once in a while I’ll toss some thin sliced chicken breast in mine with a giant jar of Pace Picante salsa and a bottle of corona…splashes of salt, pepper, and cumin…let it cook all day on low, on my lunch break I pull the chicken out and shred it, put it back in…come home to awesome chicken tacos for dinner.

This thread made me realize how much this forum has really changed over the years.

@JayS and I were just talking about that lol.

Yep, really shouldn’t be a big surprise. The younger car crowd has moved beyond the car forum format and most of the OG’s have moved on to the point where cars are a minor part of their lives. Even the guys who are still big time into cars with their Vette builds etc have way more going on in their lives than just cars.

My girl made this last week.

Slow-Cooker Pot Roast

1 ½ lbs baby potatoes, red and/or yellow
8 small carrots, snapped in half
12–15 pearl onions, peeled, with ends cut off
3½ lbs beef chuck roast
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 Tbsp. water
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 sprigs rosemary
2 sprigs thyme

The house smelled incredible. We bought a $10 piece of meat. It was so tender you could cut it with a fork.

Looks like this at the start:

The only thing I recommend is cutting the potatoes in half beforehand or maybe poking them with holes. That way they can better absorb the juices. We used baby carrots too instead of small carrots cut in half.

Here’s the link she got the recipe from:

Where do you guys get your chuck at? Tops wanted $15 for a 3lb piece…f that noise.

Joelster-I am not a huge fan of “traditional” dinners, more of a sandwich fan, but that looks fan freaking tastic!!! The coloring in the last shot is perfect.

We got ours at Save-A-Lot.

If you can get to one, Costco has some awesome prices on meat too. I get a big slab for strip steaks. Takes a bit to cut it up and trim but comes out to about $5 per thick cut steak of prime cut meat.

Personally, I have been done with Wegmans. Their quality has gone to shit and still the same expensive prices for meats. Gonna start to check out Federal or other shops too for larger cuts.

Federal:tup: When I do steaks on the grille they are my go to place.

I think I may be committing a crime, but I buy Texas Brisket and make it into a Yankee pot roast at least once a month.

Potatoes, carrots, brisket, onions, and beef broth, garlic, seasoning.

Buy one of those crock pot liners to improve cleanup time.

My cousin does food prep once a month with her husband, they make like 10 crock pot meals and store them in the freezer in liners. They wake up in the morning and put the crock pot on, dinner is done when everybody gets home from work.

All the food is fresh and very good. I have to start that but I am too lazy right now.

^ that’s what I really want to get into lol.

We made it again today. We did it a little different this time. Instead of the whole baby onions we bought 1 big sweet onion and cut it into small chunks. We still had 1/2 bag of baby carrots from last time, a small bag of potatoes, and the spices from last time. The hunk of meat we used was $8.82 and was about 2.5 lbs. Total cost was about $10, and I’ll get 3 full servings out of it. Next time we are going to double the amount of worcestershire sauce we used. We put it in at 10:00. I snapped a pic at 12:30pm, then we went fishing until 3:00. We added the spices and let it cook for another hour. Came out perfect, melts in your mouth.

10:00

12:30

3:00 adding the spices

Worked from home all week this week so did one for a meal prep essentially.

1.5lbs of chicken breasts
16oz jar of salsa
1 packet of taco seasoning
4hrs on high

Shreds with a fork inside the crock pot and stuffs into tacos pretty awesome and quick.

Seems like a ton of salt

It wasn’t bad. The Mississippi Roast one was much saltier.