Jetpack Guy, one of the coolest vids I've ever seen

Like a boss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M32DtFnnVpU&feature=player_embedded

I think Vlad posted something similar.

that looks like a blast!!!

Bakerian where have you been. I’ve posted vids of this nutso on a regular basis :rofl I want to get strapped into that thing like nobodys business!

Vids of him racing an extra 300, vids of him flying across the english channel. He’s swiss, and I plan on looking him up when I head overseas to visit Robert and the younger half so I can shake his hand.

Guy who does the squirrel suit and flys along a mountain is way more badass IMO

And I disagree :lol

Fuck the gti let’s build that

Fuuuuck. Missed em brotato. Guy is definitely a bad ass. :thumbup

dude that thing has to be more addicting than cocaine. srsly, i’d travel that way fucking everywhere.

I think the jet pack is wicked cool… I just think the squirrel suit guys are way more daring, they have wayyyy less room for error.

looks fucking fun.

I’ll give the daring thing. The only reason he doesn’t do the close quarters stuff is because his current chute doesn’t deploy fast enough. It’s a bit bigger and deploys differently than normal due to the wing. Take into account that this guys normal cruising speed is ~150mph, but had been over 210mph in a short dive. Has stated 250mph is very attainable but needs better airfoil control at that speed. He control pitch/yaw/elevation with his hands/feet and head, not ailerons and elevators like on an aircraft, so at those speeds and his total weight he’s not as agile as guys with a 10lb wing suit on.

He is also developing a chute ejection system that will instantly deply the chute if required in an emergency, thus allowing him to fly well below his current 200 foot deck(the current minimum altitude required for his chute to fully open before hitting the ground) and open the door for the aerobatics.

I have full capabilites to make one of these, just no freed up funds to do so at this time. Too many other projects going on. Besides my wife would probably divorce me.

Make it and il be your guinea pig. My cousin from florida is actually big into skydiving, has 500+ jumps… sure he could help me learn some of the basic shit. Before yah know I could be flying through the air with a wing that says boxersix on it.

:rofl Gimme a year or two and I may just do it.

Could buy some Wren RC turbines, or just make my own(quite easy on small scale sizing with CNC capabilities here)

Zoom zoom motha fawka!

That would be pretty badass… Not gonna lie, I would have to work my way up to the jetpack. Used to love rollercoasters, just haven’t been on one in years. Hit up a theme park, break my skydiving cherry, do the rocket suit… before yah know it il be Iron man

Oh don’t EVEN get me going on this subject either…you have no idea. :excited

Haha… you have plans?

yeah you could say that. not gonna say much more on/about it right now. just one of those said plans I had mentioned, sucking up funds right now. The usual stuff. Carbon, titanium mesh and rod, etc, etc. The usual fab materials.

sssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…said too much already.

no problem… just remember, I’m your man for this shit.

Make an enclosed uniwing design that will hold a person in and lift from the ground and land and you got yourself an investor :ninja

yeah and then the FAA gets involved and you need to meet airframe requirements/restrictions and all that shizzle because it becomes an aircraft at that point. HUGE money in that, far more than I’ve got invested into this kit car project(which is well beyond six figures now).

I’m a pilot though and would be ALL OVER a single seat mini B2 bomber-like personal aircraft like white on rice!!