Jetta Exhaust?

My POS Jetta(2003 1.8T) is once again falling apart and now I need to replace the entire exhaust system and I truly have no idea what I am doing.
The guys at Black Forest have helped me out a ton and I am more than thankful, but I’m turning to here to see if anyone has any suggestions on what exactly I need to replace this?

I wanted to go the cheapest route, but I’m aware that that is probably not the best bet.
I’m just looking for suggestions on exhaust kits, or would my best bet being to try and find a stock exhaust system someone is willing to sell, or literally anything since I am totally lost at this point. I just dont want to be putting POS parts of this car that is already draining all of my money.

For now, it’s still hooked up with all sorts of junk. I just drive a half hour twice a day for work alone, and not sure how long it is going to last at this rate.

Thank youuu.

your stock exhaust is stainless steel if thats what is still on there. where has the exhaust failed? usually it fails at the cat or at the clamp.
if its the cat then just swap to an ebay downpipe. if its past that I would just hit up muffler-man and see if they can weld it up.

What are you looking to replace? I’m sure you can find a high quality used cat back on www.vwvortex.com for a few hundred $. I had an awe 2.5" on my old mk4 1.8t and it lasted forever and sounded great

you should have bought a Honda :slight_smile:

I dont think it failed, it’s just rotted and keeps falling off/breaking. Its hanging there, loose. The guys at black forest held it up for me but said it wont last.

Jam… used to own a Del Sol. Loved it until someone hit it and I got this junk.

Sub-$200 turbo back.

Cheapest Route = M&M u Pull it. 4 Jettas in the inventory 3 of them are early 2000’s.

Buy the eBay kit. They tend to rub on the rear axle a bit if you don’t dial it in just right, but a great bang for the buck.

If its the downpipe just buy the ebay downpipe, if its the catback Just go to M&M and get one, or post on dubsinthebuff.com and someone there will most likely have one sitting around. You’ll most likely have to get the new one welded on because most people cut them off when taking them out of the car (because its way way way less work).

ebay should do it.

Should that eBay kit be just what I need?
Thank you for the help. I know going to m&m would be my best bet but I literally have no idea what the hell I am doing and I am trying to learn what I am doing as I am going… but I dont even know what I need so.