2002 jetta 1.8t upgrade

I JUST BOUGHT A NEW TURBO MANIFOLD,TURBO,DOWNPIPE,INTERCOOLER AND IM LOOKIN FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN INSTALL ALL THESE PARTS AND POSSIBLY MAKE ME A CUSTOM EXHAUST SYSYTEM… LOOKIN FOR A RESPECTED MECHANIC!!!

Jeff@1st Try Engineering

What kind of parts did you get? Ebay kit?

1st Try Engineering

ya its a new kit from a seller on ebay… http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AUDI-JETTA-GOLF-PASSAT-1-8T-T3-TURBO-CHARGER-W-PIPING_W0QQitemZ120137066170QQihZ002QQcategoryZ33742QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem this is a link to the kit. just trying to find a good and fast shop to put it on … i got a quote for $800 and down time of 5 days, is first try fast at installs?

www.outta-control-racing.com

What kind of software or engine managment system do you plan on using? Bolting on the kit might not take long(depending on fitment, I’ve read some bad things about ebay kits) but tuning it right will require more time.

i would recommend getting rid of that"kit". This sounds like this car is your daily drive. My advice would be to chip it and put an exhaust on it and be done with it till you have another vehicle to use as a daily.

Good suggestion. More reliable and cheaper too!

I’d recommend the same thing… chip and some kinda hard pipe & exhaust setup. Your starting to dabble in uncharted waters with that ebay stuff.

Though, i’ve delt with that generic stuff a lot. I could install it for around 500 and probably have a 2 day turn around, considering making the downpipe custom and figuring out that custom piping debockle they give you.

Don’t wanna pimp a non-supporting shop, but there is a euro VW/Audi place in Greensburg that could do it very well. Not sure of their costs, though, as I do all my own work. Won’t mention their name out of respect for the forum, but a simple google search will find it.
I’d do it, but I hate working on transverse engines. Those are transverse, right? I can’t remember.
Try Sonny. fshowcars
Don’t know if he takes on work like that but he knows his stuff and does VW/German stuff.

Ditto.

HEY THANKS A LOT GUYS…I GOT RID OF THE KIT AND IM IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING A APR CHIP AND THEN ILL GET THE EXHAUST… WAS A CLOSE CALL FOR ME BUT THANKS TO YOU GUYS IM GONNA SAVE MYSELF MONEY AND TIME

Q T performance out of the roxs…they have killer 408s

Good. Chip, exhaust, diverter valve and intake should make you happy!

smart move. you will be very happy with results.
never too fond of ebay turbo kits. you end up changing EVERYTHING on them anyways.