Just bought a new bike

Not my first, actually my 3rd. I had a 1998 Suzuki Katana that was a starter bike that I picked up to learn on. After that had a 2005 ninja 636r for a couple months then sold it to a friend.

Oh and Joseph i will be bringing it by to see you soon!!!

why;d you sell the 636?

The price was right and at the time my family was more important. I finally have all my bills worked out and have been wanting to get another bike since I sold the last. Its so much fun just cruising around.

What made you rule out the gsxr, 6r, and 600rr out of curiousity? I would have thought for the price you’d have the 600rr in the running… Nice ride though, that’s a hot color.

What made me rule out the gsxr…well…im not a fan of multi colored paint schemes and I think the new gsxr only come black solid. All the other colors have like red white and black mixed together in a pattern or blue and black. Id prefer just a solid color. To each his own I guess. The gsxr is a awesome bike and they had a few at the dealership when I was looking but saw the red color on the r6 and that was about it. One of my friends has a 6r and I didnt want to have the same bike and for the 600rr, the color scheme could apply to this as well but I really didnt like the styling of it this year. Yeah its supposed to be the best one yet but i didnt really like the fairings on it. I test drove the r6, 600rr and the daytona triumph and they were all awesome bikes. I just took everything into consideration when I was buying it, not just what the dealer would do for me but cosmetics as well as the feel when I drove the bike.

Nice, I was just curious is all. For me the gsxr is the nicest looking '07 bike (I know the 06 is the same). I guess what it boils down to really is looks and feel, because there is no way you, or I, or anyone local can get the full potential out of these new bikes in Buffalo, on our roads without going to a track…and even then idk…

If you don’t mind me asking what helmet do you use? I’m in the market and I’m stumped.

I believe I have the hjc cl-14 in the smoke pattern. Its flat black and flat grey. I just bought my g/f a hjc cl-15 session which is what she wanted. My helmet is from the 2005 helmet schemes. I believe alot of the websites carry them back a couple years. I got my helmet from motorhelmets.com and my g/f’s at don georges. HJC has some nice helmets and of course the solid if that is what your looking for.

A little offtopic, but in the future for all you guys that like HJC helmets, you should really check out the Shark EXO-400 and EXO-700 helmets. They’ve got the HJCs beat on quality (IMO) and the price is the same. I’ve had HJC helmets for regular streetriding since the company came to America, and I must say, the Shark helmets have impressed me that much. Definitely something to check out for yourself, can’t hurt.

Good bike choice, I would buy a 2006-7 R6 if I could afford it. I could never find one that wasn’t crazy expensive. That is one of the few bikes that seems to be holding its value. Even salvaged they sell for close to $6K.

I like the joe rocket helmets as well but are a little more expensive. Dont you mean the scorpion exo’s??? If so they are really good as well.