Just went for a ride in a SAAB...

It was a 9-3 4-door. It was very very quick. He was boosting 14.7 and I have never seen anything like his setup before.

He vented the BOV, but thats normal. But to increase his boost, he cut the vac hose and inserted a peice of brake line with holes drilled into it. He can adjust the levels of boost by closing the vac line over the brake line, therefore increase or decreasing the number of holes releasing pressure.
It cost him $5.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n101/adam1721/vac.jpg

so he jerry rigged a manual boost controller and has a sliding type of an adjuster vs a knob?

Basically, except that is all he has to “contorl” the boost with though.

you never heard of that before?? I myself have thrown in a T with a little hole drilled in it to get a little bit more boost…and my buddy that has a STS setup on his ram use to do the same thing.

Given the high cost of MBC ($20) these days, that sounds pure genius.

ha ha im with shawn on that one…way to cob your shit

Nope never heard of it lol!

I Have a Turbo XS manual BC hooked up that was 85$

$85 for a MBC? Ouch.

yeaa…you can build a ball/spring mbc for like 10 bucks and is much more reliable and wont spike. Joe P the original MBC guy lives right here around albany.

what parts do you need? I think the spring in my MBC is bad…I would like to replace the spring and ball in it…can I just go to a lowes?

:haha ghetto-fabbed bleed style boost controller

that was my first thought. im like “dude, gont buy your overpriced for no good reason starbucks for a week and theres ur mbc right there”

i imagine a quick google search will give you all the answers you need. I’d rather buy one then make it myself, they are cheap enough.

I made mine out of Home Depot supplies. Thanks to the wonderful Internet. Cost 7 bucks.

Do a search for homemade manual boost controllers. You’ll get plenty of hits.

Exactly. Just not the $85 ones. :slight_smile:

Here ya go, i went off this probably 8 years ago, my first mods to my dsm was a homemade MBC and a K&N filter, 50 bucks to run a 13.5 :slight_smile:
The “D.I.Y. Manual Boost Controller”
…Home Depot™ style
Found at http://www.geocities.com/chmwatson/FAQs/mbc.html