boost controllers?

boost conroller . . . any suggestions? brand name ? good price? should i even bother?

HKS Electronic

hallmann pro mbc

+1

+1

If you spent anymore than $0.05 USD on a turbo timer,
it would be illogical to not buy a boost controller. Go with
Hallmann.

The few times I tried a MBC, they didn’t keep the boost as stable as an HKS, and it sucked to pull over to adjust the boost.

hallman pro, with incar kit.

Greddy Profec B

Just beef up the wastegate spring, or weld it shut.

i run a Turbosmart E boost 2. couldnt be happier

HomeDepot!

LOL I had to

But 4 srs, I made one and it is ROCK stead. I had a turbo XS prior to and it was the same performance. HomeDepot one cost about $15 to make.

BALL AND SPRING, dont get a bleed type, they dont work well at all.

HKS is good, Greddys are nice, Apexi are nice can get a little expensive, ARK
Design are nice and compact as well are AEM unit. MBC tend to where out and not be as stable esp. with higher boost labels. I recommend investing your money in a EBC over the manual ones.

I have and ARK Design ABC (Advanced Boost Controller) on hand for $375

HKS, GReddy, World Electronics, ARK.

Depends on the car. On my Subaru, I don’t use one. I just have an uprated boost control solenoid and use the factory ECU for control.

I’ve tried/used several Greddy EBC’s and never had one that was simple to use AND worked worth a shit.

this

+1 for hallman pro also. I just bought one a few days ago ($70 shipped to the door), but have yet to recieve/install it. Dont get me wrong my homedepot one I built works great, but I am setting up a date with ForceFed to get my jetta tuned and will be wicking up the boost and I would trust the hallman unit above the 24lbs I am running now much more. :thumbup

BTW the Pro RX version with the lighter ball and spring is VERY accurate but I was told it wouldnt be for high PSI applications. >18psi and the RX is a great choice. <18 and stick with the normal Pro with ss ball and stiffer spring. :thumbup

i run 30lbs with my hallmann no problem

I run 35lbs no problem

Ran 43 with my HKS EZ no problem

yea i knew you were running big boost dommer