Just what we need in Pittsburgh

I have roughly 700 or so CD’s, not including the mp3 collection and I’d be willing to bet maybe 30 or so you’d even recognize. People are far too quick to say I listen to everything, which they don’t. There are more genre’s of music that you aren’t aware of, than ones you are. I’m not singling you out, I’m speaking generally.

There are two types of music fans. The type that hear stuff somewhere and buy it, having no idea what else is out there to be heard. The other type are those that hear something, find out what label they’re on, what other bands the members are in, and search out other similar sounds in thier quest for more and more music. For every one band you are into there are hundreds that share the special something that got you into the band in the first place. You have to find them is all.

I ask people all the time what they listen to, I don’t think I’ve ever gotten a response other than everything. So I say do you listen to …they relply I’m not into that type of music, regardless of what band I choose to ask about.

/rant