justa4door needs a vacuum.

someone point me in the right direction.

i know i want to go with a bagless. id like an upright style.

what should i be looking for?

DYSON 4L!!! Cost a little more but damn,what a vacuum.I can hook you up w/ a 10% off Home Depot coupon then put it on Credit card no payments,no interest for 1 year.Can’t go wrong
D

Oreck’s rock. totally lightweight and you usually get a free iron :wink: my parents got one for like 600 bucks or something. i dunno what your looking to spend.

:word:

how much are you looking to spend ?

find a used rainbow on ebay for a decent price, drop it off to me and ill do a full teardown, clean, and reassembly , and let you know what (if anything) you might need
(max ive ever realy seen is like $60 in parts)

just watch out for people passing off e2’s as e’s … they look almost identical but the e only has one speed, it doesnt have the quite air filtering setting, the

and by the way, the dyson commercial is full of lies, apparently they create like 3000G’s inside the chamber, and somehow thyey create airflow in the upper cones, despite only the bottom of the cones are open, air vortex’s are only created when theres a low pressure at the tip of the cone

I researched the shit out of them a year ago after I bought a shedding dog. Either bend over and get a Dyson or just deal with having to keep vacuum bags on hand.
I picked up last years version of this bad boy a year ago. It was one of the top ranked vacuums on consumer reports, which is another good place to look. The dirt indicator and performance indicator lights are just gimmicks. The hand rotary brush thing isn’t electrically driven, it’s air driven, which means it’s useless. However, it vacuums like a mofo so I’ve been very happy with it and could care less whether or not the gimmicks work.

I’ve heard that those retardedly expensive, boring and old looking vacuums they don’t sell in stores are amazing. (Am I thinking of Kirby or something like that?)

Find some reviews on CS or something. Buy a vacuum that vacuums well and you’ll be happy. Gimmicks are worthless.

EDIT:

I think that’s what I was thinking of as being a real bad ass vacuum, not Kirby.

Anyhow, if you can swing it a top line vacuum will last 10 years+ easily and be worth every penny as it will make cleaning faster, easier, and more effective. It will make your rugs look better and last longer, and rugs are fucking expensive. It’s definitely one of those things where you follow grandma’s advice and don’t skimp. :tup:

I prefer ones with a bag & hepa filter,most of the bagless ones fill up too quick and you gotta clean the filter constantly for it to be optimal.

My roomate does all the warrenty work for dyson at his job, so we have a free one and we both think they are pieces of shit. I do like how the hose works on it and it does have alot of sucktion, it just doesnt pickk up shit.

that would be the rainbow

it is amazing

when i worked at schmitts, i used my rainbow to detail an audi a6 wagon. the woman owned 3 dogs and took them with her everywhere. i pulled the rear carpet out and made 2 passes across it w/ the power nozzle. all the doghair was gone … and i do truely mean GONE.

id the entire rear carpet in like 5 passes total … not a single hair left that i could see. id teh same to the seats, then used the mini power nozzle on the seats … shocked the fuck out of my coworkers who claimed that nothing would remove the doghair from the seats w/o doing a ton of work

take a bright light and shine it into the airstream out of the hepafilter … watch how much shit makes it thru … its disgusting

this applies to ANY bag or bagless vacuum … the only hepafilter on a vacuum ive ever seen

water fitration > paper or cyclonic fitration

HRK you know wa to much about vacuums.

*he used to sell/work on them

i should, i worked for atc ystems of wny… ive seen and (basicly) tested every vac on the market. ive seen shit youve never heard of

they all fail the light test … 100watt light bulb shined on the exhaust shows you a blizard of crap EXITING the vacuum

thats like putting prizoners in jail and leaving the back door to the jail open …

and yea, ive sold and epaired rainbows, so i know EXACTLY how they work, what tends to fail, and why they fail

and oh yea, atc ystems still has my neigbors rainbow in storage (they traded it in on an E in 99 or 2000) … its the 1935 model … it still works great … DESPITE the fact that the stator is cracked in half from 65 years of abuse

+1 Just got a Dyson and it is sweet…as far as vacuums go.

Get a Kenmore canister vacuum, Consumer Reports agrees.

oh yea, ask tpgsr what kind of vacuum i used to clean spilled pop off his freashly shampooed carpet, and how much dirt said vacuum removed from said carpet

how much are you lookin to spend?
the best i found by far is the rainbow!
dyson’s just suck ass, they suck but the brush design on it sucks but great advertising campaign though.
kirby’s are good they are the old faithful of the cottenhead crowd, you can pick one at super flea cheap.
if you are thinking cheap go anywhere they are at everystore eureka, hoover, you name it, its out there. i have a eureka with the hepa paid $75.00 at home depot on clearence. works good except you have to clean it the filters and empty the cylinder after every use.

electrolux?

we still have a canister one from like 1970 lol

I’d definatly have to agree with the rainbow, no bags or contantly replaced parts, no foul dust odors, durable, clean. Only down side is it’s a canister vaccum which is so1950s, it also takes a bit more basic maintence (cleaning after each usage). That and they hate concrete dust. :lol:

+1 Rainbow, especially if you have bad allergies or never want to buy another vaccum cleaner for most of your life. :tup:

Dyson is like a saturn, it was cool at first until people realized they were plasticy dent-resistant shit boxes.

Do not buy a Dyson…Dyson=garbage

I always come super close to getting a dyson…but then I think about it and really can’t justify spending that much on a vacuum