k car supra killer

11.2 @ Atco back in like '01 I think. It had a bench seat!

ummm more info plx.

k cars are awesome, all that needs to be said.

it had one of those turbo motor’s out of a mini van. This is the only photo I took. Like I said before it was like '01.

This is older than Jesus.

gotta love those sleepers

heres the story of the k vs supra from Gary donovan
In gary donovans own words: (make sure you don’t miss the last few lines)

Saturday- Arrived at NED promptly at 7:45, was first car teched, prepped the car and then proceeded to wait nearly 7 hours to make a pass!! The skies were so foggy and overcast they couldn’t see the end of the track from the tower! I didn’t mind to much as long as I got a chance to make one or two passes… I had my friends from SDAC-NE to hang out with and watching the antics of some of the import “racers” was rather amusing at times. The tower announcer seemed to really dig the dodge turbo cars that was racing today and the large crowd would cheer every time one of us would make a pass (we were running faster then 98% of the cars there)

So I finally get a chance to make a pass- I fire up the 'logger and pull into the burnout box and clean the slicks off good, stage and launch the car. Felt like a good pass (I have a new launch technique) but I wasn’t expecting any records considering how damp and slippery the track was (even the RWD guys were crying the blues). I was very suprised when I was flagged down by a track official before I even got to the timing shack and informed I would have to get the car REINSPECTED at tech because the car went “REALLY FAST”!

The timeslip:

ET 10.60
MPH 130.7
Short Time 1.76

I’ll be damned, the new technique works! The car re-passed tech with nothing more then minor quibbles and I headed back to the pits to do a quick inspection and top off the fuel. By now a LARGE crowd had gathered around the Dodge area of the pits checking our cars out- People were utterly amazed how fast our little Dodges were and even more amazed to find out none of us were running the bottle! After another 2 hour wait I headed to staging a gain…

So there I am sitting at the top of staging minding my own business and the staging director starts waving at me. What the hell does this guy want? It seems there is an import racer who wants to specifically race me and they are pulling him out of lanes to pair us off! As the car pulls along side I see it’s a $40,000 RWD Toyota Supra! Two seasons ago I got pistol whipped by a 10 second Supra at Atco when I was running high 11’s and now history was repeating itself… except this time the Supra owner was in for a rude suprise.

We did our burnouts.
We stage.
We launch.
I cut a .705 light.
Mr. Supra cuts a perfect .500

It doesn’t do him a damn bit a good.

Relentless explodes out of the hole with a 1.70 ST as the Supra lights up his slicks with a 2.27 ST. At the 330 foot mark I have a 1.36 second lead and the Supra owner is getting a good view of the trunklid as by the 1/8 mile mark Relentless stretches it’s lead to 1.57 difference between our two cars (6.82 @ 106.8 vs 8.39 @ 104.7) at the 1000 foot mark Relentless is STILL stretching it’s lead out (1.64 difference) an only as the quarter mile mark flashes does the Supra owner have anything to brag about as the Reliant pounds through the traps at 10.53 @ 130 mph vs the Supra’s 12.1 @135 mph.

The crowd goes NUTS!

Amusing highlights of the weekend-

1. Relentless is the QUICKEST car out of 440 racers!

2. As I’m leaving the track there is an import racer with a two signs in his window. The first one reads “car for sale” The second one reads-

“GOING TO BUY A DODGE”

Now your talking!

and the video :ohnoes

[youtube=425,350]<object width=“425” height=“344”><param name=“movie” value=“http://www.youtube.com/v/9ky27KnwRqc&hl=en&fs=1”></param><param name=“allowFullScreen” value=“true”></param><embed src=“http://www.youtube.com/v/9ky27KnwRqc&hl=en&fs=1” type=“application/x-shockwave-flash” allowfullscreen=“true” width=“425” height=“344”></embed></object>[/youtube]

hahah sickkk!!

Awesome car and awesome story :rofl

That’s older than Jesus’ wart ridden cock!!!

$40,000 Supra? Was it stock?

12.1@135…don’t think so.

Wow! Video! Awesome! I thought for some reason I was the only person to see that car run, cuz everyone I tell my story to says I’m full of shit.

Adam, Aj, Carmen “the guys from the late APG” and myself got to Atco I little late. From the Parking lot at atco you can see the traps, so as we were walking in you could hear some noisy turbo cars stage and launch. I saw the k car, then the supra. I said holy fuck I think a k car just beat that Supra. I only saw the car run one more time that day and never saw it again.

i was there too man

Yes, you were… I’m sorry Ray. :hug :hug