Killing somebody in a game is a crime in Japan?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27337812/?GT1=43001

The woman used login information she got from the 33-year-old office worker when their characters were happily married, and killed the character. The man complained to police when he discovered that his beloved online avatar was dead.

Seriously who would call the cops over that?

Must be big shit over there :ponder She’s charged with computer hacking and destruction of property. Apparently people all over the world build up and sell these online “identities” for cash, similar to that world of warcraft.(people have fought over this stuff in divorces)

garbage to me IMO

So my friend better sign a prenup for his warcraft account? :ponder :lmao

Lol… sharing the account is against ToS anyhow, I don’t see how it would work.

Honestly, how many people in the world need to worry about that. I doubt many WOW players have the opportunity to create a prenup.

exactly. i play a game where we had two people in the guild end up in a huge fight. basically a married couple. i guess they were gonna split up or whatever and she logged onto his account and gave away all his mad expensive gear(expensive in real dollars as well, because he used the cashshop to purchase things for it), very expensive weapons, pets and just items in general. she basically emptied his account completely which cost over 2 grand of actual real world money. she got banned from playing the game. but its not a damn crime, you cant really go to jail for shit like that and shouldnt be able to. one, its not real stuff. two ITS NOT REAL STUFF! even if you spend money on game items like that, you need to realize its just a game and calling the cops on a person for that its kinda ludicrous. even if you spent 2 grand on shit in a game, its SHIT IN A GAME. its ones and zeroes. none of that shit is real, which is why i have spent exactly 0 dollars and 0 cents of real money in the game shop. if that game company goes belly up, nobody is getting a refund. it’s advertised as a free game, so i play it for free. i dont see why u’d wana spend more than a few bucks(whatever you consider play money and wont feel sad if u lost it) on something that doesnt exist in real life. yea, u can sell the account in some games and i’d never actually buy it. some people take this shit too too personally. honestly, its just games. we didnt sue anyone back when we were little kids and played nintendo to the wee hours of the night and had to leave it on and paused because we couldnt save. and then ur mom comes by and shuts of off when youre about to fight the last boss. big deal, we went and restarted the game. cuz its just that, a damn game

what do you expect… those fuckers ant been right since we droped the big one. :crackup

You guys are missing the point, she’s not being charged with killing his character or whatever, she charged with
“illegal access onto a computer and manipulating electronic data, police said”. Hacking, trespass or whatever the hell that falls under.
The headlines are just inflammatory to get some hits.